Hi Everyone,

I am a real newbie regarding newsletters and email marketing. Please be gentle with me.

Do you have to have your own mailing list? Or is there a place where you can rent a list and they will also send out your newsletter or marketing material? I would like to find a one stop shop that would be able to handle everything. Is there such a place?

Thanks for your help.

Ken

Ken,

I'm sure other people here will have many more ideas and names, but there are many companies who's business it is to rent lists and/or build, manage and publish ezine and email campaigns.

Most of the stuff I do is pretty big and I am only assuming (which usually gets me in trouble) that your needs would be less than mine - so I may not be too helpful with the name end. People like Optin Group, Vitumundo, Vibe Media, Equala Mail, Venture Direct, Advertising.com are all going to be able to run full service trageted mailings at rates from $1.50 to $5.00 per thousand depending on the size, options and targeting of the buy - and their minimums are going to be 2 to 5 million name runs.

I know there are lots of other companies out there that do the same thing in smaller quantities - but you'll have to do some searching.

ABW Ambassador
    No in that group.

----
    -J
    The neighbors complain about the noises above ... But she only comes when she's on top.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Monuit:
    No in that group.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually Joseph,

I haven't had any problems when I have used the larger, reputable firms with double opt-in list and have done the larger mailings. No customer complaints at all.

It has only been in my early days of trying to save a buck and advertise on a shoe-string budget... using guys who advertised wild return rates and cheap lists that I ever got burned and ticked off masses of people. Ouch... just thinking about those days gives me the willies.

It *is* tough to find a geniuine opt-in list these days. There is so much overlap that cpm's are going to pieces and listowners are often trying to beef up the quantity for quick profits instead of quality for long-term growth.

(IMO)

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread