Exclamation Google doesn't want to index my new posts!
    Hi guys, I run a website in wich posts loose their value very fast - they expire and are no longer good or even published. Everything would be fine, but the problem is that Google doesn't want to index my new posts very fasts.

I've seen new posts being indexed in about half an hour if pinged, but, even after pinging at pingler, even with tools that search up to 1000.th result on Google, I cant find my "new" posts after days...

I run Wordpress Site BTW, and I take SEO in count a lot. I focus on each post ranking, no the homepage

Maybe my sitemap plugin is bad? I don't realy don't know if it plays any role, but it's always good to ask.
    Last edited by tomsko; September 25th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    The Times They Are a-Changin'. Especially after September 18, 2012.

You can ping all you want - not going to work.

Going to need some uniqueness/perceived value by the Google...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

I guess it's hard to achieve with pagerank 1 site?
    What is average indexing time for posts on not-so-popular low pagerank sites?

How old is this WP-based website of yours?

How frequently have you been posting?

Quote Originally Posted by Geno Prussakov View Post
    How old is this WP-based website of yours?

How frequently have you been posting?
    Allmost 1 year.
    I had ups and downs - some months about 20 posts, some none. For last month now I've been posting as much as possible - 2-3 posts per day

Quote Originally Posted by tomsko View Post
    Allmost 1 year.
    I had ups and downs - some months about 20 posts, some none. For last month now I've been posting as much as possible - 2-3 posts per day
    With WP-based blogs I've been finding out that for quick indexing: (a) tying a Google Analytics account to it, and (b) posting regularly (read: at a consistent pace) helps tremendously. So do Sitemaps too, of course, but it seems you've got that covered.

If the WP site is the one you asked for a review on (http://www.abestweb.com/forums/site-...ok-159939.html) then I stand by my original statement.

Also, the worst thing you can do is "ignore" your website for any length of time...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    If the WP site is the one you asked for a review on (http://www.abestweb.com/forums/site-...ok-159939.html) then I stand by my original statement.

Also, the worst thing you can do is "ignore" your website for any length of time...
    By doing so did I demage my sites reputation in google's eyes long term, or time (how long?) will increase my pagerank?

Quote Originally Posted by tomsko View Post
    By doing so did I demage my sites reputation in google's eyes long term, or time (how long?) will increase my pagerank?
    Your site is still relatively new. It's also about to expire and the Google knows that as they are a registrar and have access to everything about the domain. Why index something that has been ignored and has the possibility of expiring? This is what SERP spammers do.

PageRank is just that "PAGE" rank, not site rank. PageRank comes from trusted sites linking to a PAGE. If all the factors are correct and the stars, moon, and planets align properly - then you could see a PAGE get some ranking.

Don't get caught up on PageRank...

10. Thanks From:

Ok, well thanks for replies, so basically all you are saying to me is to post regulary and allways keep on improving SEO

What are you actually posting? Looks like you're using a product feed, all I see are "products" as posts - that more than likely won't cut it...

Ok, hmm, i might try posting a more detaled , review like posts? Of course i cant write reviews because i dont have the products , but i can crasp some opinions and additional info online . is that better idea? The problem is english isnt my native language.

I usualy wrote just some 4 lines , added system specs (for laptop for an example ) filled out my custom metaboxes , pushed on some a bit reseaeched product related keywoards and published . I tried to do something like logicbuy.com . I dont coppy , i found out about that site months after starting.

A.) Tying a Google Analytics Account to it B.) Post high quality content C.) Post as often as possible D.) Keep Pinging E.) Improve the PR of some of your best pages and your main page, this may really help in your posts getting indexed !

A) already done
    B), C) trying
    D) Ok
    E) how do i "improve pagerank". Isnt that something google decides to increase or decrease? Maybe you ment increase seo (keywoard focus) in best niche pages and homepage? And I am already trying to do that

Thanks for advice!

F) acquire some high quality links by guest posting on some similar sites in your niche. Although you should first write some high quality content on your own site before doing it for someone else.

If you are using Wordpress, your pages will get indexed pretty quickly since WP automatically pings Google when you add a new post to your site notifying them of your new content.

You could also increase the crawl rate by submitting your sitemap through the Google Webmasters tool, bookmarking and getting backlinks. Using Twitter and Facebook and submitting to RSS feeder would also bring traffic to your page and get it indexed faster.
    Michelle
    Affilorama Group Ltd
    Affiliate Marketing by Affilorama | Free SEO Software by Traffic Travis

Tax Paying Member
    Since you are using a product feed, it is likely that your posts (product descriptions) are identical to thousands of others........duplicate content???

Check your competition. Are they ranking higher?
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer View Post
    Since you are using a product feed, it is likely that your posts (product descriptions) are identical to thousands of others........duplicate content???

Check your competition. Are they ranking higher?
    No, I generate my own original content
    No feed, I check for deals and add them myself.
    Maybe the problem is that my content is too short, 100 words on average. Short description, Key features & Specs for the product and sometimes Video Review from YouTube.

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread