ABW Ambassador
    My Question

Do you find that using a form to collect addresses for a newsletter gives you better results than using an email link?

I am having problems configuring the system (below) to include the email address when I use a form. So I am thinking of just using a link to initiate an email from the subscriber.

My problem

I am trying to setup an mailing system using ezmlm.

Everything works fine except I have found that I can not use a form (using formmail) as I can only send the submitted email address using the "From" tag, but ezmlm uses the "Return-Path" to register the address and return the double opt-in message, but the return address is theform@myclient.com.cn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Does anyone know a workaround?

If you use a form, have it directly email them a confirmation email, with a return address of the list request address. That kills two birds: 1, you get the right Return-Path info; and 2, people won't come around complaining about not signing up to your list, since you've already verified with the email account holder that they want it [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

It's better to use a form to collect email addresses because it is easier to write in an email in a form. Besides not always your site visitors are at home where they can use their email software clicking on a link. Some visitors are on public computers while browsing your site.

Oskars

Rosalind Gardner earned $436,797 in 2002 by promoting only affiliate programs. She reveals ALL her secrets step by step in her Super Affiliate Handbook (267 pages) www.renio.biz/rosalind/

I use a form for my newsletter, so robots and automatic scripts can't get my email address as easy and I can send out a confirmation notice so I don't get in trouble for spam.

eMarketer indicates that 2003 will bring in $58.2 billion http://www.webpronews.com/wpn-45-200...rExpected.html

Wayder are you using ezmlm at FutureQuest? They have a page on the tutorial site where you just fill in the blanks and it fills out a sample form for you to use.

Also, doesn't ezmlm require Qmail?

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread