Being new to this forum and the affiliate marketing approach, I am interested in knowing how many people here have a newsletter subscription on their sites and what the response is to it as well as the numbers in your list. I am asking because I have an idea for helping out our relaunch of our site and getting the sales leads up in a short period of time. This idea could benefit both parties if the right conditions are there.

The man that has everything, wants more. The man that has not, wants some.
    Moral: ask for some and you'll get more then expected.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Due to the fact that 70% of all e-mail is considered spam, the newsletter ebiz suffers from delivery problems. I even catch myself when rushing to block/ban/bounce 300+ e-mails a day with Mailwasher that I sometimes add trusted newsletters to the list of undeliverables.

How bad is it. The largest cellphone retailer in the UK just banned all employees from using internal e-mails. Figures the employees wasted an average of 3 hours a day with e-mail responses and trashing spams. Annual savings 1.6 million dollars.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Hello EcomCity,

We are not looking to spam anyone. Most newsletter sign-ups are opt-in and therefore not considered to be spam and reach a targeted membership base that are wanting what is being offered, be it information on new products, marketing tips or just a simple whats new at www.someplace.com. We have a newsletter sign-up for our site and only use it to inform our clients of new products or services that might benefit them. We don't give our list to anybody but we would allow someone to advert on the newsletter. We track these mailings and everyone of our current clients opens it and uses the information contained in some form.

The man that has everything, wants more. The man that has not, wants some.
    Moral: ask for some and you'll get more then expected.

Retired Member
    Dogs Bark:

I don't think EcomCity was accusing you of spamming. He was just commenting that legitimate newsletters are getting lost in the huge pile of spam everyone receives everyday.

Retired Member

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread