Monetizing from Forums
    I am new to the site and to the world of online marketing. Being 21 I feel like there are a lot of niches that market towards younger people (who are ALWAYS online) that are not really taken advantage of. One of those things is providing a forum for a really concentrated niche that tens if not hundreds of thousands of young people all over the world are into yet no forum to provide for that niche (let alone I am also very passionate for this niche) to socialize etc. I know there are the obvious income streams adsense, ad space, "premium" memberships, but are there other streams of income that are potential when hosting a forum?

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Arlett,

Good question. If you can some how tie a service, physical or digital product to a forum concentration, it might prove to be more fruitful. I know that there are plenty of forums out there that operate strictly off of ad sense/marketing promotion. I feel it takes a lot of traction to get a successful forum up and running this way (not saying it can't be done).

If you tie it with a product of some sort-- it could attract people around that product or niche but also (if you put some effort into it) grant some good SEO fodder for people researching the same questions that exist in your forum. Then you could also empower affiliates this way as well (I manage an affiliate program where we get A LOT of affiliate referrals from very specific forum threads).

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response Taylor.....Im actually in Wilmington not too far from you

Affiliate Manager
    Very Cool. I have a few friends out that way. If I am ever in the area I will send you a PM and perhaps we can get together to talk shop.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread