Does anyone have actual stats for your own personal newsletter?

My November newsletter that I sent yesterday so far has an open rate of 39.5% and a click through rate that varies from 0% for some links to 7.25% for the highest rate. I don't really know what to make of the numbers - I would like some real data from real people.
    Candace

My newsletter sent 11 days ago has a 48.3% open rate. Best link 18.7% of opens, worst 1.3% (but the worst makes the most money!).

Making Affiliate Marketing FUN!
    I just started an lds mailing list website and after 3 days now have 41 subscribers... which was much more than i would have though. I have not began to monetize it, but how do you track open rate and click conversion? Also, what type of newsletter do you run? Do you think monetizing a newsletter based on LDS (mormon) culture would be hard?

Thanks

Our newsletter campaigns average out to 62.4% open it & 17.7% click through newsletter links. We don't send out newsletters often ... so this may explain higher than normal averages.

Average newsletter stats are MUCH lower. I have read that the typical newsletter campaign "open stats ratio" are around 4% - 6% and that if you get 10% or more click throughs from the newsletter send ... your doing great.

I personally think that the type of newsletter content & frequency of mailings weigh heavy on what type of stats you can expect from your newsletter campaigns.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

how to estimate the opening % of my newsletter?
    Need to resurrect this thread...

I have trouble to even estimate the opening % of my newsletter. As far as I know the common way is to embed a graphic (1x1 pix or so) in the newsletter, and you count how often it is being pulled.

Yahoo! mail, AOL, Hotmail etc all block html graphics by default. This means that, even if somebody opens the newsletter, I would not be able to measure that. Is this correct? Is there a better way of measuring the opening ratio?

Thanks, Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by LearnAbout

Is there a better way of measuring the opening ratio?
    I have been using aWeber.com for a while now and I am happy with their services. It lets you track open rates, clicks, and undeliverables as well as a range of other things. I am guessing there are cheaper options out available, but I am happy with aWeber. FWIW my last newsletter had an open rate of 43.4% an undeliverable rate of 4.4% and of those who opened my email, 49% clicked through to my site.

Just my 2 cents

If it is a newsletter to affiliates, why do they need to click anything? They sure aren't reading it to buy from you. Heck, they would buy through their own sites, one would think.

I guess, the purpose of the link must have something to do with it.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    If it is a newsletter to affiliates,
    The stats I gave are for a customer newsletter, not one for affiliates

Same here, the newsletter is for customers.

Thanks BigEmpire, I'll check out your tip.

Cheers, Frank
    [URL=http://www.golfbeginnerguide.com/]Golf Beginner Guide[/URL] ; [URL=http://www.ladygolfersguide.com/]Lady Golfers Guide[/URL]

My newsletter is also for customers and gives me a decent open rate of around 30% and a clickthrough ranging from 7% to 15%.
    But I am planning to start a newsletter for affiliates as well. the newsletter will serve the purpose of educating the affiliates and building up a continuous communication with them. To get business out of anyone its important we keep them happy and stay connected. You can offers sweeps and other schemes to your affiliates to keep them interested and believe me such efforts will really make them loyal!!

Shaily

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread