Exclamation My CJ “anrdoezrs.net” affiliate links are showing RED on McAfee SiteAdvisor !!
    My CJ “anrdoezrs.net” affiliate links are showing RED on McAfee SiteAdvisor, is this happing to anyone else?? The first time I clicked on a “anrdoezrs.net” affiliate link I even got a big Red page warning me about visiting the site. Once I click the merchant site is ok "Green"

When I now click on a “anrdoezrs.net” affiliate links the "McAffee SiteAdvisor Button" goes "RED" for a second while CJ processes the link and then turns green once on the merchant site.

This is going to hurt sales (and my sites)!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

2. Thanks From:

Not one reply in over a day has any of you bothered to check your sites or do you not care anymore. I just when to another affiliate site of an ABW member and test one of their CJ “anrdoezrs.net” links and they got the "Warning: Dangerous Site" as well from McAfee. So if you’re a CJ affiliate this is affecting YOU!!!
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

it looks like this is something that needs to be cleared up by CJ via McAfee. McAfee doesn't like the domain anymore.

The page below shows some issues with the domain, but they are old so don't know why it is all of a sudden a problem.

anrdoezrs.net | McAfee SiteAdvisor Software

FYI - superCool started getting these warnings on another trusted site a couple weeks ago. That one was resolved after a few days.

I have contacted CJ about this and they will have to deal with McAfee. But my reason for posting was to let other affiliates know about the problem and make CJ to address the issue. Error like this will affect sales for all affiliates. As well it will drive people away from affiliate sites. I just can not understand why affiliate here do not care about this. Has everyone just given up!!!

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    I just can not understand why affiliate here do not care about this. Has everyone just given up!!!
    Who says affiliates here "do not care about this"? Think it's a concern. Haven't seen it happen, nothing in our stats would indicate there was a problem with McAfee.

Personally think McAfee is crap, but unfortunately many online users have it installed...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

The post was over a day old and not one post but almost 100 views. (Yes I know yesterday was Sunday)

This is a real problem not just a concern all your visitors who have McAfee SiteAdvisor installed are getting redirected to a "Warning: Dangerous Site" Page when clicking on one of your CJ “anrdoezrs.net” affilaite links.

I just can not understand why affiliate here do not care about this. Has everyone just given up!!!
    Far from it. Personally I don't use McAfee products, or the SiteAdvisor browser plugin, so I can't check this myself.
    Not one reply in over a day has any of you bothered to check your sites or do you not care anymore
    That's not really a fair comment... you can't assume to know what other affiliates are going through.

The post was over a day old and not one post but almost 100 views. (Yes I know yesterday was Sunday)
    100 views by whom?...

Question: Have you seen it triggered on sites that use jump/redirect urls?

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    100 views by whom?...
    No idea, it just shows the post being read 105 times..........

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Question: Have you seen it triggered on sites that use jump/redirect urls?
    No idea since I do not use them, and the fact is you would have to know it was a link using “anrdoezrs.net” which you would not know if the real link was hidden. But I expect they would get the Warning as well since the warning is triggered once you leave the affiliate site and go to the CJ “anrdoezrs.net” site.

13. Thanks From:

Just in case anyone cares, CJ has verified that McAfee has Black Listed “anrdoezrs.net” and they are contacting McAfee to work on getting this removed. This will cost us sales from visitors who have SiteAdvisor installed lets hope they get it fixed up soon.

The sooner they get this fixed the better, I'm switching my links from anrdoerzs to other site tracking names

This is the same issue that is causing this domain to be blocked on Facebook: http://www.abestweb.com/forums/commi...-156351-2.html

Just saw this. TY kse for the heads up and following through with CJ!
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

18. Thanks From:
    kse

It looks like McAfee has now removed “anrdoezrs.net” from their list of Black listed sites.

It looks like McAfee has now removed “anrdoezrs.net” from their list of Black listed sites.
    Good job!

21. Thanks From:
    kse

McAffee has an affiliate program (through another network) and I'll bet my bottom dollar they sure as h*ll don't blacklist that "third party" link as dangerous.

This situation has cropped up many times throughout the years. What I'm wondering is why CommissionJunction & LinkShare (which seem to be the 2 networks most affected) aren't on top of this themselves as they stand to lose much money.

Why aren't the networks monitoring popular antivirus programs? They've already lost $$$ by the time an affiliate discovers this.

To the networks: maybe your grandma didn't tell you "an ounce of prevention is worth a tone of cure" so consider yourselves told.
    Renée
    Pay no attention to that woman behind the curtain. -Wizardress of Oz

23. Thanks From:

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread