Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Thumbs up AvantLink.ca Open for Business!

As some of you noticed already this morning, we have expanded to a new market. AvantLink.ca is officially open for business! This exclusively Canadian Affiliate network is dedicated to merchants servicing that market.

There are several merchants already live, and quite a few more high-profile brands integrating now for AvantLink.ca. Get started right away promoting the following Canadian-based programs:
    All existing AvantLink.com publishers are automatically a part of AvantLink.ca. Get more details from our blog, or read the official press release:

AvantLink.ca: Canadian Affiliate Network

AvantLink Launches Canadian Affiliate Network on 7th Anniversary

Questions or comments encouraged, so please discuss!
    Last edited by GravityFed; November 11th, 2014 at 01:19 PM. Reason: swaped up rebranded logo

2. Thanks From:

We're excited to take part in the launch of the new AvantLink.ca network!

-Amy

4. Thanks From:

Thumbs up
    Thank you, Amy! We're glad to have both of your programs live now!

Will start by saying I have a feeling this is a dummy question but it appears from me looking at a few of the Canadian programs that also have US programs that each has their own site for each country, correct ? Some I think (not sure about all ) ship to both countries though. (Not really sure why they have a separate site for each country if they ship to both but am sure each has a very valid reason am just not understanding what it is) Umm, my dummy question is if I were to put the datafeed for each of the programs on my site would that be considered duplicate content ?

Don't have a whole lot but do have some traffic from Canadians. My thinking (umm not sure how good it is tho ) was since I know in some cases if not all it is expensive having things delivered to Canada (know because a visitor asked me how much it would cost to do so from one of the US merchants, I asked for him and was very expensive) so had thought of putting the datafeed for the Canadian program on my site so they would have more of a selection.

So, if I put the Canadian program's datafeed on my site would it be duplicate content if I also put the US program's datafeed on.

I place a teeny lil Canadian flag next to merchants who are from Canada so visitors realize that (in cases like Amazon, etc. where I have both on the site as an example)

Hmm, guess is more than one question. I know the cost to ship to Canada from here, am assuming or guessing is a better choice of words that would cost the same to be delivered here from Canada (have friends in Canada that we send Christmas gifts to each other so basing my guess on that) If that were the case it would make sense for people in the US to purchase from the US program. That's why I'm thinking of putting both datafeeds on the site but that's where the lil light bulb went off about duplicate content??

Hope I haven't thoroughly confused you as to what I'm asking.

Ps - do ya think there may be some future programs that will just be in Canada and ship only to Canada??

Great to hear from you, Kathy No problem on the questions.

AvantLink.ca is dedicated to the Canadian market only, so that means any retailer who wants to have an Affiliate program there needs to have a dedicated store for Canada.

Merchants have to do more than ship to Canada to qualify. They need to run a web store that takes Canadian currency, etc.

For your question on the feeds.. depends on inventory and whether or not merchants carry the exact same products for diff markets. Not sure whether manufacturers would change product descriptions, etc. for other markets. That's a good question for program managers.

If it is the same content, you could apply a noindex meta tag to the HTML for the .ca feed subscriptions. That would be a manual process, but it's simple. Just apply the following line in "template.html" for each subscription:

<meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

Keep in mind when you do that, though.. than there is no chance for the content to be picked up and ranked by Google.

Hope that helps, GM

Posted here yesterday but then the site evidently had problems or umm I broke ABW cos my post didn't get posted and ABW was offline for a while. So, will try again.

Hi Gary Yeap, been a while since I sent ya one of my long emails. Hope you and your adorable family have been well. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question as well. Was just thinking other day how AvantLink keeps getting bigger and bigger but how they treat their affiliates hasn't changedl. You're always there to answer questions or help any way you can. Thank you

Yeap, you pretty much said what I was thinking would be the answer. Nope definitely wouldn't want the datafeed not to be seen by the search engines. Think will place a banner, text links with some content for each and just put one datafeed on. (Probably the Canadian so there will be more of a selection for those visitors)

When using the web client datafeeds for a merchant I always rely on the lil content widget option for any coupons, sales, etc. that may be available. When not using a datafeed I use the dynamic coupon tool for the coupons. Do ya think even tho they would essentially be the same I guess you'd only see them for an individual product with the datafeed. Would using the dynamic coupon tool be flagged for duplicate content (hmm, even if I just put a text link guess it would be the same) Do ya think they would be that picky?? Lottsa coupons pretty much say the same. ??

Your answer helped very much and again, thank you very much for taking the time to answer it

Oops forgot, I could put that meta info on the page for the coupons of the one I didn't use the datafeed, then it would be ok and not be duplicate content ?

If you use the Javascript integration method of the deal feed than you have nothing to worry about in terms of duplicating content. The search engine crawlers only see the javascript HTML, and not the content.

GM

10. Thanks From:

Ok, that's what I'll do. Thank you

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread