Removed from JCrew - no response to email
    Yesterday morning, I received the following, without any warning:
    We regret to inform you that J.Crew has removed your Marketing Channel from their affiliate program due to sales inactivity. If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like clarification on why you were removed, please contact..
    I replied immediately with an explanation that my site has experienced issues in Google, is being rebuilt, and I'm hopeful performance will return.

First, merchants need to send advance warning before they disable links on a publisher's site (which won't help my SEO issues) - and second, respond to affiliates who get in touch quickly after an issue like this.

I held off posting this, but 2 emails to the JCrew team have been ignored. I opened a support ticket last night, and just received a list of questions asking how I plan to promote the program, answers will be forwarded to the Account Manager "in a formal request to reconsider you".

It would be much simpler if my first emails were acknowledged.

8 days later, no response.

All you merchants who complain about publishers lack of communication might want to pay attention to an affiliate who actually responds.

3. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for update, looks like a merchant to avoid.

Are there real people behind the J Crew "affilate team"..?

If so, I would like to know why they haven't responded to numerous emails from a legitimate publisher - in addition to a support ticket which seems to have been abandoned 10 days ago.

As I said in another thread, this is unprofessional, and not what I expect from Linkshare.

{edit --- did not notice this was the linkshare subforum}
    Last edited by gibson; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:34 AM.
    The internet is a fad.

This has turned into a joke.

I followed up on my open ticket, and received a response that "your site was removed for lack of sales".

Treating publishers poorly won't serve a merchant well in the future. And I expected more from LS support.

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    This has turned into a joke.

I followed up on my open ticket, and received a response that "your site was removed for lack of sales".

Treating publishers poorly won't serve a merchant well in the future. And I expected more from LS support.
    Teezone, I've received responses like that in the past and this is how to deal with the situation:

Wait a little while, see if you can do any improvements to your site that
    would bolster your chances of being accepted into the program once again and then re-apply. Don't re-apply until improvements have been made to your site.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Don't re-apply until improvements have been made to your site
    My site has gone through numerous improvements over the years, that's not the problem..

I was dropped for lack of sales, which is a direct result of decreased traffic since I was hit by Panda back in Jan/Feb. At the worst point, I lost 80% of traffic (although pleased to finally see a slow climb in recent weeks). I put this in an email to the "team" - my site is completely professional, with original content, so layout is not the problem.

The issue is that JCrew sent a termination email, and added "If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like clarification on why you were removed, please contact..".. which I did, within minutes. But it's like I was talking to myself..

EVERY attempt to actually deal with a real person has been ignored - and to add insult to injury, the LS ticket came full circle, when they informed me weeks later that my site was dropped for lack of sales.

I have established a number of merchant relationships (been doing this full-time for a few years), so this complete lack of response has been a surprise.

First of all, remember I like you and if I ever have an opposing viewpoint it's nothing to take personally and this goes for my responses to anyone else

You are not the only affiliate who has this type of problem.
    I've been in the same exact situations with Linkshare and then received the same responses from them/merchants on their network after being dropped [in fact I wonder if you were hacking my email box - hahaha]

My site has gone through numerous improvements over the years, that's not the problem ...
    Are you sure??

I was dropped for lack of sales, which is a direct result of decreased traffic since I was hit by Panda back in Jan/Feb.
    Maybe you need to think about improvements.
    Did Panda hit you because it doesn't like Teezone personally or are there reasons that Panda hit everyone? What are the "Panda Hit Me" reasons?
    If you look for the reasons you can improve and polish up your act
    [you and every affiliate] - it takes research but here's a start:
    Insights From the Recent Penguin & Panda Updates - Search Engine Watch (#SEW)

Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google's Panda Algorithm Change?

I like this infographic for Frankenstorm Halloween
    Infographic: The Death Of SEO, Failed Predictions Over The Years

The issue is that JCrew sent a termination email, and added "If you feel that you have been removed in error, or would like clarification on why you were removed, please contact..".. which I did, within minutes. But it's like I was talking to myself..
    Those hotshots are kind of dismissive towards affiliates in the same way that ABW members tend to dismiss newbies

Take a look at your sites again. Telling people you were hit by Panda will not
    gain you empathy or sympathy.

If they ignore you, try to figure out why Panda hit you.
    Work on improving your traffic with Google in any way you can.
    When your traffic improves apply to the Affiliate Program again.
    Be persistent.
    Look at other ways of gaining traffic: i.e. social media.
    What are the successful people doing?
    Try a new approach.

I have been approved, dropped, [time in between to improve] re-apply & have been accepted. That's the way Linkshare merchants dance the deal.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Rhia, I appreciate your comments, but the history of my issues in 2012 have been documented here - not that I would expect anyone to remember (!), but it was classic Panda, with a slow recovery due to various problems. I know exactly why it hit, and took many steps..

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/searc...ps-157821.html

When the Panda algo hit, I made numerous programming mistakes across the board.. including an upgrade of a Joomla component that changed URLs of 4,000 stories (published across 5 years). It got worse before it got better.

Taking a step back, I don't think I know everything (far from it!), but I stay on top of SEO issues, Panda & otherwise.

I don't blindly think my site is the best, but have a proven track record of sales, and my site participates in a number of private programs.. because of original content, I have thousands of Twitter followers, and at peak performance, thousands of unique visitors daily.

The issues I faced with my site are (mostly) behind me, and I've had conversations with many merchants about this year's performance. All productive discussions, and professional in nature.

Getting dropped for lack of sales is not the problem, it's the dismissive attitude by the "team" on behalf of the store. It irritates me as I thought I was well past that with merchants.

I appreciate your comments, and don't take it personally.. I'm just a little more seasoned than some might realize

12. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    That's the way Linkshare merchants dance the deal.
    That's the way poorly managed programs "dance the deal"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

14. Thanks From:

Getting dropped for lack of sales is not the problem, it's the dismissive attitude by the "team" on behalf of the store. It irritates me as I thought I was well past that with merchants.
    I've experienced dismissive attitudes from merchants on Linkshare and
    from merchants on other networks. Linkshare merchants can't claim a
    monopoly on dismissive attitudes.

If you want a certain merchant then be persistent.
    Some merchants like to give affiliates hoops to jump through.

I have noticed that after a time interval after a Linkshare merchant drop
    it is possible to apply again and it is possible to be re-accepted.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    That's the way poorly managed programs "dance the deal"...
    I agree with the comment.
    I've dealt with poorly managed programs on Linkshare & other networks.

It seems to me that communication from Affiliate Managers on Linkshare
    is especially lacking because big merchants are represented.
    It's similar to a Feudalistic society: why communicate with affiliates, they
    are merely serfs?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    It seems to me that communication from Affiliate Managers on Linkshare is especially lacking because big merchants are represented.
    My merchants on LinkShare communicate just fine and to my liking - and they're not small merchants...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

18. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    My merchants on LinkShare communicate just fine and to my liking - and they're not small merchants...
    There probably are some
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread