Super Affiliates
    I think everyone is looking for Super Affiliates but I have what I think is a unique opportunity that may be leading edge and I am looking to network with affiliate experts who can think outside of the traditional affiliate box.
    The payment model I am developing would involve sharing a percentage of revenue from a planned industrial plant.
    Would this be attractive to experienced affiliates?
    And any ideas on how to set up a program around this concept to fit into the existing online affiliate model?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You are selling an industrial plant? What's the product and what's the rev share?

Expected rev share
    No, not selling industrial plant, building one.
    The amount of rev share is a "to be determined percentage" of my portion of the net. I know "percentage" is normally important to traditional affiliate models.
    In this case its not the percentage that is important, I think the unique opportunity is that the percentage should go on for 20-40 years (expected operational life of the plant).

Unless you are offering shares in addition to a percentage of sale for something you are not going to get anyone interested. This is not affiliate marketing at least not how it pertains to members of this forum.

Unique affiliate opportunity
    Chuck, thank you, I guess.
    I did not know that I could only offer shares in addition to revenue sharing.
    Do you know of examples of those programs I could look at to get an idea of how to set this one up?

Tax Paying Member
    Chuck has touched on this already, but I am not understanding.

What would the affiliate be pushing......A product.....A concept....Investments.....??
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Your scheme reminds me of the Rural Electric Cooperatives, you buy a membership which is stock and receive yearly dividends as long as you live.

The individual affiliates would be pushing a concept/cause and the way to attach a product vehicle to that effort is one of the questions I am seeking. Sorry for not having all of the answers figured out yet as a relative newbie.
    The rev share side right now is more for the Super Affiliates or OPM types to motivate them to get this concept/cause put together with a product vehicle (say T-shirts for example) and pushed through their networks.
    This rev share group is probably going to be a relatively small amount of people which have access to large groups of individual affiliates. So as I said earlier, the real unique opportunity for the small rev share group will be the prospect of 20-40 years of revenue from the operation of the plant. Expected net is to be over $100 million per year, so even a 1% rev share among a small group would be significant compensation over the expected lifetime plant operation.
    As far as the products for the individual affiliates I have been looking at the Trial Pay system and trying to figure out if that kind of approach would work for this.

>"Your scheme reminds me of the Rural Electric Cooperatives, you buy a membership which is stock and receive yearly dividends as long as you live."

Chuck, that is a great example and kind of where my current project will lead to next. I have been working on a concept for a great, more traditional, affiliate program that I now see will be the perfect segue from this current effort.

You have to have a physical product to sell and to my knowledge you can not sell shares in a company through an affiliate program. The biggest red flag is saying that someone could collect commissions for 20-40 years. Unless there is a legal document in place there is no mechanism to track that, that anyone would trust.

>"Unless there is a legal document in place there is no mechanism to track that, that anyone would trust. "

That is exactly what I am going to do. The document would on an independent contractor basis.

You need to consult an attorney, this is over my head. Good luck!

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread