plumbersurplus high reversals anyone else ?
    Hello,

everymonth i make around 8-15 sales average everymonth outof which 7-9 gets reversed average everymonth stating repeat,Cancelled,fraud order. Those transactions which are getting reversed monthly were really great amount. i emailed them and asked few back about what is the criteria for duplicate order and they emailed me saying

We have an account with Share-A-Sale and also with Commission Junction. Because of certain restrictions put on us by SAS we have tracking issues with transactions that get posted in both accounts. In our policy it states that the sale goes to the last click through and so when an order gets tracked on both accounts the one with the first transaction click through gets reversed and the last click through gets the commission.
    anyone else facing same issue with plumbersurplus ? are they playing fair?

Thanks

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Seems like their two network pixels are in contention with each other. They need to set a source referrer and only post the pixel for the referring traffic.

Do you have accounts in both networks with them?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Thanks From:
    xso

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Can anyone suggest a replacement merchant?

iam with them on sas alone since cj got me auto-declined me.

Yeah, Plumber Surplus has a nice way reversing most commissions and always reverses big commissions.
    Avoid working with Plumber Surplus no matter what network they are on.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Can anyone suggest a replacement merchant?
    I used to work for the FaucetDirect.com affiliate program, they are on LS, GAN, and CJ. It's been some time since I have worked with the program, but their team is very professional. I am no longer associated with them in any way, but have had plenty of good interactions.

FaucetDirect.com: Affiliate Program

I know this is an old thread but I just want to confirm these practices are still going on.

Just started to promote PlumberSurplus.com (SAS program) recently on one of our affiliate sites.

We referred so far 6 sales with each sale in the $200-$400 range. 3 sales so far have been reversed! That's a 50% reversal rate.

This is not in line with the sales stats of other similar merchants we're promoting on the same site.

So I started to research and discovered the different threads here discussing the same issue.

I've sent a message to PlumberSurplus for more explanation. If I hear back from them (come on PlumberSurplus surprise me) I report back.

Please let us know what you find stev. In particular see if you can figure out what the technical reason is for the high reversal rate.

I can give you a hint of one direction to look. Plumbersurplus has affiliate network links in trademark PPC ads. Their affiliate management has known about it for at least three years and can not get it under control.

Take a look at the attached image for more details. So if something has a longer buying cycle, you can see how this type of trademark bidding would wipe out your cookie, keeping in mind that PlumberSurplus is multi-network.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The answer I got...

There are only a few resaons that orders are reversed on our affiliate programs. They are due to cancelled orders and returned merchandise as well as repeated orders that show up on both our SAS program and CJ program which then the affiliate that has the last click through will receive the commission. I hope that it make sense to reverse orders that have been cancelled. To give a commission to an affiliate on an order that we received no money for would not make much business sense and giving out two separate commissions for a single order that was placed doesn't either. I hope you can understand these decisions and I do apologize that this has affected you in a way to make you think there is some wrong doing going on, but cancelled orders are an issue that occur and we struggle with them just as much as affiliates do. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I will try my best to clear them up for you.

Most of the trademark bidding is through ShareASale, near as I can tell. Stev, are you a member of Plumbersurplus through ShareASale?

Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Most of the trademark bidding is through ShareASale, near as I can tell. Stev, are you a member of Plumbersurplus through ShareASale?
    Yes, Shareasale.

Quote Originally Posted by stev View Post
    Yes, Shareasale.
    hmmm, you should ask the AM if their attribution includes their own marketing efforts and if it is last click, first click, etc. You might ask for details about which marketing channels you are competing against. They might have some really wacky attribution rule like, "natural search results" trumps affiliate cookie or "google shopping" trumps affiliate cookie, etc.

You need to know whether you only get a sale if you are the one and only click for that customer.

And please report back here with the results.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread