Tonight's episode of 'The Good Wife' about search results
    Loving this episode of 'The Good Wife' - an internet startup company suing a search engine for unfair trade practices!

The storyline is about a voice recognition software company that lost search results overnight after not buying ads from the search engine. When their site couldn't be found, they went bankrupt...

The show even copies Google's quirky instructional videos.. the owner claims the "algorithm acts on its own", and is only tweaked daily to eliminate spammers. Site in question went from top spot to page 28, and they are accused of manipulating results.

Fun stuff...

2. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Flipping back and forth between football and the show.

Love the judge...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    Loving this episode of 'The Good Wife' - an internet startup company suing a search engine for unfair trade practices!

The storyline is about a voice recognition software company that lost search results overnight after not buying ads from the search engine. When their site couldn't be found, they went bankrupt...

The show even copies Google's quirky instructional videos.. the owner claims the "algorithm acts on its own", and is only tweaked daily to eliminate spammers. Site in question went from top spot to page 28, and they are accused of manipulating results.

Fun stuff...
    That storyline sounds very interesting...

Here on the EDT, "The Mentalist" is on now.

Too bad I just saw this post, because now I have to wait until tomorrow (24hrs) to see it, at: The Good Wife Video - CBS.com

now I have to wait until tomorrow
    I won't give away the ending then! There are a couple of good twists.. I thoroughly enjoyed their attempts to keep the algo secret.

I'm amazed to see this as a mainstream topic on TV - I know it's fiction, but at least there is a greater awareness of the issue. Very timely for me, given the past few months.

And it was nice to actually get some enjoyment out of the topic (instead of the usual stress!).

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    I'm amazed to see this as a mainstream topic on TV - I know it's fiction, but at least there is a greater awareness of the issue. Very timely for me, given the past few months.
    Never underestimate Hollyweird to capitalize on what's current. Antitrust suit should be announced against the Google very soon...

[EDIT] Getting really close:
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=google+...8-16&sp=-1&sk=
    Last edited by Convergence; October 15th, 2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added link
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

7. Thanks From:

Fiction?

While I haven't see that episode, yet...

The storyline you posted don't sound that fiction to me...

Well, after all the fuss on the media some years ago, about art imitating life, or life imitating art, or something like that, and the jokes about the (1997) Wag the Dog, and other movies after that... Everything is possible these days...

So I wouldn't be surprised if the plot of that episode may predict some things to pass... (Soon!)

So... I just watched that episode and like I said yesterday, "That storyline sounds very interesting"

I had to see it twice, because the first time I got distracted at time slot: 24:14

Btw, that new SE (ChumHum) is not online, yet!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread