Question How do you let your children to learn affiliate marketing or online marketing ?
    How do you let your children to learn affiliate marketing or online marketing ? How do you start to get them involve ? Thanks for sharing.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    By telling them they can make money doing it. Buy them a domain and hosting, install WP and get them to write content on things they love.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post
    How do you let your children to learn affiliate marketing or online marketing ? How do you start to get them involve ? Thanks for sharing.
    I would guess that the best way to try to get them involved would be to show them proof of what you're making online now, also show them the way to avoid the same mistakes you have made on this business in the years since you started this venture.

If they're your own children, they can't be any of your stranger competitors out there, so the better you train them, the better and faster they will se the light.

If in less than one or two years, they become better than you and are making much more money than you, just look at the bright side: You'll be set!

But, just to make sure...

Just ask them this question, first (before you teach them anything new) : When I'm 64?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I think you need to figure it they are actually interested. I offered to set a site for my wife and kids years ago. They never took the first step so I dropped it.

5. Thanks From:

superCool gave his daughter a website for her 12th birthday. she chose the topic and domain then we worked together on the design and content (still not exactly what she wants ). Then it was up to her to write the content (with suggestions and prodding from superCool). That's the hard part for superCool - getting her to keep writing. She likes the money and the writing is fun, but there's always something more important.

We use mainly amazon products because it's easy and fit her needs. She sells something almost every day. Not making a ton of money, but it's something.

superCool had hoped the money would motivate her more. She could make a killing on it if she would just commit more time and attention. Maybe when she's old enough to drive and needs gas money.... superCool will try to keep it alive until then.

good luck

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    My 12 year-old daughter also has several domain names. She has both websites planned out. Money is not a motivator. Until this weekend she had not been working on it. She goes in spurts. As sC says, always something else that is more important.

However, she is the coolest person on the forums she frequents and with her friends - no gmail email for her, lol...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

>> it they are actually interested

he is at 12 too.

The good about affiliate marketing is it allows you do on any topic.
    So no matter what a person's personal interest, he/she can talk about it on his/her website.

i believe people living in crowded city don't mind work on PC everyday, as they can easily access to social life after work hours. If not, they tend to rely on outside job as a way to have more interaction with really people daily.

He is editing Wikipedia pages as well. But i cannot relate it to help or learn online marketing skill, except deepen academic knowledge and improving writing skill. What do you think ?

I don't speak from experience (no kids here), but how about buying a domain for him, and installing Wordpress together..?

If he is spending time updating Wiki pages, he will have no problem starting off as a blogger! Once he has a few articles on the site, you can start talking about ad revenue (affiliate or Adsense) - apply to networks, etc.

Good writing skills can take you far as a content affiliate.

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread