Help: why affiliates can create coupons by themselves?
    I don't understand, why some affiliates can create coupons for my software products by themselves and the coupons are valid?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Are you a merchant? If so, what network or platform are you on?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

i'm using Avangate and Regnow. affiliates usually create coupons for Avangate. How can this happen?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Still not following you...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

i'm sorry...

e.g. i created my official coupons with a series of letters, like ABCD-EFGH-IJKL.

but i found some affiliates generated coupons by themselves, like this: 12345678.
    What's more, such self-made coupons are amazingly valid when making purchases.

I'm using Avangate affiliate platform.

I really can't understand how can they generate coupons by themselves.Is there any bugs in Avangate affiliate platform?

I hope i've made it clearer

You have a couple of issues. First, who is manging your coupons? If it's Avangate than you should provide them with your valid coupon codes and their system should reject all others. If this is not happening than you need to contact your account manager or their support and find out how to facilitate this.

The second issue is who is managing your affiliates? Your Terms of Service (TOS) should explicitly prohibit the use of coupon codes that weren't supplied by you. If this isn't already in your TOS, it's time to add the appropriate verbiage and update your affiliates on the change in terms. If it is currently in your TOS, it's time to start enforcing it.

I'm not aware of any affiliate platforms that are 100% hands off. If you or someone else isn't actively managing your program than you will never achieve the results that you're looking for.

Good luck.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

7. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager Kush@VMInnovations's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBlue View Post
    i'm sorry...

e.g. i created my official coupons with a series of letters, like ABCD-EFGH-IJKL.

but i found some affiliates generated coupons by themselves, like this: 12345678.
    What's more, such self-made coupons are amazingly valid when making purchases.

I'm using Avangate affiliate platform.

I really can't understand how can they generate coupons by themselves.Is there any bugs in Avangate affiliate platform?

I hope i've made it clearer
    There seems to be an issue with your checkout cart, are you using a 3rd party vendor like shopify? If so I'd reach out to that vendor for support.

Tbh I've never heard of this issue before... What if an affiliate creates a 99% off coupon?

9. Thanks From:

You have a couple of issues. First, who is manging your coupons? If it's Avangate than you should provide them with your valid coupon codes and their system should reject all others. If this is not happening than you need to contact your account manager or their support and find out how to facilitate this.

The second issue is who is managing your affiliates? Your Terms of Service (TOS) should explicitly prohibit the use of coupon codes that weren't supplied by you. If this isn't already in your TOS, it's time to add the appropriate verbiage and update your affiliates on the change in terms. If it is currently in your TOS, it's time to start enforcing it.

I'm not aware of any affiliate platforms that are 100% hands off. If you or someone else isn't actively managing your program than you will never achieve the results that you're looking for.

Good luck.

-rematt
    thanks rematt. i'm new to affiliate promotion. you really helped me a lot on this problem. i've written to Avangate to facilitate this. really thank u.

There seems to be an issue with your checkout cart, are you using a 3rd party vendor like shopify? If so I'd reach out to that vendor for support.

Tbh I've never heard of this issue before... What if an affiliate creates a 99% off coupon?
    no, i'm an independent vendor, but i registered Avangate and Regnow affiliate networks as vendor.

i haven't yet met an affiliate who created a 99% off coupon, but who knows...

I noticed this facility with Avantgate and it appears an affiliate can create a coupon, but I was under the impression the max it can be created for is 100% of their commission.

The coupon amount gets deducted from the commission earnt from the use of the coupon so doesn't cost the merchant.

Lee
    [URL="http://www.icodes-us.com"]iCodes US[/URL] - Coupon & Deals Feeds for 13 US Networks - [URL="http://webservices.icodes-us.com/ws2_us.php?UserName=pagerank10&SubscriptionID=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c&RequestType=Codes&Action=All&Sort=Id&Page=1&PageSize=50&Network=shareasale"]Example Shareasale CODES Feed[/URL] - [URL="http://webservices.icodes-us.com/ws2_us.php?UserName=pagerank10&SubscriptionID=c81e728d9d4c2f636f067f89cc14862c&RequestType=Offers&Action=All&Sort=Id&Page=1&PageSize=50&Network=shareasale"]Example Shareasale OFFERS Feed[/URL]

thanks Lee

yes i've written to Avangate and they told me exactly as what you said, so i think it will be no harm to me.

Lightbulb Coupons in Avangate
    About the coupon generation in Avangate - this is a merchant controlled setting. Some allow it (and set a max. discount value) and some don't.

For those merchants that allow coupon generation for affiliates with Avangate, the coupon value will be deducted from the affiliate's commission. So, the maximum value for a discount will be the same as the affiliate commission.

Cristian

Thank Cristian, really helpful

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread