Why do the larger companies keep declining me?
    I'm still very very new at this. I read through the agreements and I must be overlooking something or just don't know some rule. But I have noticed that's it's always with the big companies like Sony, Apple, or Sears. They decline me immediately. This, of course, changes my opportunities for success drastically. Anyone have any ideas?

Lightbulb
    when declining you, the merchants are probably citing four or five reasons.

usually they are finding fault with your web site or lack of one. I'd try to build a site with smaller merchants and get a track record for a while. Building a site in a narrow niche and trying to add merchants who have products that fit that niche would probably help.

being in certain states or countries doesn't help, either.

3. Thanks From:

And the one's you mention are only playing mostly with the big boys that have a good track record.
    I'd take OO advice and start with the smaller merchants that fit your nice.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

5. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Your site is one day old...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

7. Thanks From:

Your site is less than 24 hours old (if I read the other thread correctly!).

Enthusiasm is great in this business, but you may not want to put your site in front of merchants just yet - build up some decent content, and make sure you have a clearly-defined mission statement. You only get one chance to make a first impression, and if you have already been declined, do more work before submitting additional applications. They might not think your site is finished.

Having said that, you could always reach out via email and ask why you were declined.

9. Thanks From:

Thank you everyone! My statement is clear on my site and a very large niche. I was pretty sure it was because the site is so new. I just wanted to make sure of it. Asking does a lot less damage than not asking. OH, and I noticed that many people have like a tag line or saying at the bottom of every post...how do I add one of those? lol

Quote Originally Posted by KAL-EL View Post
    OH, and I noticed that many people have like a tag line or saying at the bottom of every post...how do I add one of those? lol
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/midni...es-146455.html

Your answer is #10 - but read all the rules

12. Thanks From:

Hi and welcome to ABW KAL-EL,

After reading the first 11 posts that you made, I was already thinking that you was one of the better newbies we had in a while.

Someone that came looking for answers, and was ready to get down and work on the suggested ideas made by other members here... You was doing ok on your first 11 posts...

But, after seeing your next 10 posts welcoming other newbies, you had me wondering WHY? would you do that...

Now, I think I know why...
    OH, and I noticed that many people have like a tag line or saying at the bottom of every post...how do I add one of those? lol
    Just forget about having a link to your new site venture on your sig for now, and keep on building your first site first.

Don't go crazy trying increase your post count by replying to any other post or thread with a one line reply thinking that you are going to get anywhere faster, because that can get you in trouble even faster.

Btw, I have over 6k posts and I don't even worry about using my sig rights, or not...

14. Thanks From:

Mr. Sal, I have come accross waaaaaay wrong!! I am here for learning and fellowship with those in the same field. I am gratefull for this site and the only way I can contribute is by welcoming people, as I know so little at this time. I don't want to put a link in the sig...I have a favorite quote. I'm sorry it came accross that way.

I am HUGE on good ethics in both personal life and business. Please understand that I have no adult interaction throughout the day. So, instead of wasting time on some random chat site, why not learn while interacting with others? So, now that I just put all that out, I'll just chill out on posting if that's how it's been taken. Thank you for your advice.
    Last edited by KAL-EL; October 17th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Kal-EL - a lot of the big brands actually have automated the review process so sites that are completely new or have low traffic levels indicated in the network get declined automatically. A lot of these programs also don't make it easy to contact the program managers. You might be well served to work inside networks like ShareASale and AvantLink a bit as most of the automated review stuff goes down with huge retailers in CJ, Linkshare or GAN.

Work with some small to medium guys and build your reputation and you'll get there.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

18. Thanks From:

I am HUGE on good ethics in both personal life and business. Please understand that I have no adult interaction throughout the day. So, instead of wasting time on some random chat site, why not learn while interacting with others? So, now that I just put all that out, I'll just chill out on posting if that's how it's been taken. Thank you for your advice.
    Have to have a thick skin in this biz as well. Perception and reality are rarely the same. Post away, maybe share the steps you have taken. You offer a perspective that many "old-timers" may not fully remember - but practically all the newcomers do...

20. Thanks From:

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread