Question Product review for cash or higher commission rate?
    Hi guys, it's my first time here. Nice to join this community!

We make photo editing software, especially in the HDR field. We want to get bloggers to write product reviews for our product. If you are a publisher, for each product review, do you prefer we pay you in cash or raise your commission rate extra 10-15%?

Also, all suggestions on how to run a better software affiliate program are welcome and appreciated. Many thanks!

Keep in mind that whichever your publishers select that they MUST disclose their relationship and the “material connections” with you.

Excerpted from "FTC Publishes Final Guides Governing Endorsements, Testimonials"

The revised Guides also add new examples to illustrate the long standing principle that “material connections” (sometimes payments or free products) between advertisers and endorsers – connections that consumers would not expect – must be disclosed. These examples address what constitutes an endorsement when the message is conveyed by bloggers or other “word-of-mouth” marketers. The revised Guides specify that while decisions will be reached on a case-by-case basis, the post of a blogger who receives cash or in-kind payment to review a product is considered an endorsement. Thus, bloggers who make an endorsement must disclose the material connections they share with the seller of the product or service. Likewise, if a company refers in an advertisement to the findings of a research organization that conducted research sponsored by the company, the advertisement must disclose the connection between the advertiser and the research organization. And a paid endorsement – like any other advertisement – is deceptive if it makes false or misleading claims.
    You should include guidelines for reviews or endorsements in your TOS as well as inspect individual websites to insure compliance.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

3. Thanks From:

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread