Is there a difference between an inactive merchant and merchant that has been expired
    Couldn't find an answer anywhere at CJ, could only find inactive affiliates. Have a merchant that suppose would be categorized as seasonal. I get the deactivated and reactivated emails but haven't gotten one for it and it's not under last 30 days in reports.

Kept holding out hope that maybe it was inactive if that's possible to be then would come back near holiday time. Can't find it listed at CJ under anything. Found a page for their affiliate program after making a search with a signup page for CJ program. When clicked it says it is an inactive merchant.

Umm, does inactive merchant mean there is any hope of it coming back or is the program gone? Also, is there anyway to find inactive merchants (other than just from last 30 days under reports)

I think inactive means there is still a [slight] chance of affiliation.

I think expired means it's over.

Anyone with different meanings please let us know.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Thank you Rhia7 for your opinion. Guarantee I'll find replacements and then they'll become active again lol

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Thank you Rhia7 for your opinion. Guarantee I'll find replacements and then they'll become active again lol
    Yeah, that type of thing happens to everyone.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

My experience, and this was years ago, was that an inactive merchant is one who did not pay their bill with CJ and is often left on the books at CJ while they try to recover the funds due them. At some point when CJ gives up the become expired. Oddly enough, CJ never removes the commissions from your reports that are due you even if they could not collect.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hi Ron
    Yeap, that's what I thought the deactivated and reactivated emails they send were all about. (they don't pay and then they have) As far as I know I haven't gotten any for this merchant tho. (least when searching thru my emails nothing appears for name of merchant, if it would only show up with a CJ search I'd be still here going thru the list lol would be waaaaaaaaay too many to go thru)

I shouldn't fess up to this but don't even know how to find out about any commissions that haven't been paid to me at CJ (might be better I don't since all it would do is make me feel bad ) Have just been assuming all this time I'm getting paid for all of them.

Your reply got me thinking tho so made some more searches at CJ and FINALLY found the merchant. lol Was beginning to think I had imagined them, could not find them anywhere. Any search I made for them or products they had even came up with a big nothing for them.

Went into the Run Reports > Report Options and under Advertiser they're listed. Searched for when I knew I had some sales and it just shows the amount under Closed and Total (nothing's under Extended but nothing's under Locked either) Fact that it's under Closed would that mean they have paid?

Umm, hadn't expected to find them so am a bit more confused now about their status lol so since they are listed there does that mean they still might come back then?? Altho, at this point as I said am gonna have to replace them much as I don't want to since they did convert for me.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread