Affiliate Manager
    Wink Affiliate 101 Needed - Anyone Wanna School Me? ;)

I am looking for a few people interested in helping me learn the ropes and best practices for Affiliate Program Management!!

I have taken over a stagnant program and want to make sure I am moving in the correct direction! If you are willing to guide me a little here as I ramp up - I would greatly appreciate you and your wisdom!!!

Thanks in advance to those of you kind enough to share your knowledge!

Nichole

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Start by introducing yourself to all those stale affiliates in your program and why they should trust that you are going to give them what they want.

Affiliate Manager
    Try the following:

- Monthly newsletters with your site's promos, text links to top converting pages, etc
    - For affiliates who do PPC, put them in a "Top Affiliates" group and push out top converting keywords that bring traffic to your site. You can find this in Google Analytics
    - Have quarterly phone calls with your top affiliates; or send them a thank you card with a $5 Starbucks gift card 1-2x a year thanking them for their efforts.
    - Also, be readily available via Google Talk or AIM to chat with them. Affiliates like feeling as if they matter.

Affiliate Manager
    Nichole,

Melissa makes some very good points so be sure to execute those. I would also suggest:

- Offering your affiliates coupons to push out to their readers (if your company can offer coupons that is). A bunch of affiliates drive traffic by promoting special deals so that is a fairly easy way of increasing referrals.
    - Run increased commissions campaigns at strategic times. For ex: My company is a financial service and I offer double commissions in the 2 months leading up to the April 15th tax deadline since that is when people need our service the most.
    - Supply your affiliates with material that makes promoting your product easier. In my spare time I write unique content for affiliates to post on their sites so they don't have to take time doing it themselves. Affiliates are much more likely to publish your links if you GIVE them the articles. It also establishes great relationships.
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    Thank you all very much! I will get to work on utilizing these suggestions.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    On the PPC affiliates - do you allow PPC marketing now ? How merchants handle PPC affiliates is a pretty case by case thing...
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread