Shareasale and European Affiliates
    Hi All,

I am thinking about starting a Shareasale program considering their low costs and significant affiliate reach. We are a Berlin, Germany based service provider (with a focus on B2B) and our product/services are available in UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria. By years end, we will add more European countries as well. I am aware of Zanox (Affiliate Window) and AffiliNet but their startup costs and network fees are a little high. Two questions if I may:

1) Does Shareasale offer a decent amount of European affiliates?
    2) Am I able to "search and recruit" for affiliates in Shareasale's interface if we decide to retain their services?

Thanks,
    -Chris

B2B is tough at the best of times.

As much as costs are important proximity is also a factor, if you need to speak to someone then waiting 6 or 7 hours to speak is not going to be good for your blood pressure.

I'd still be inclined to look at the networks with the largest number of B2B affiliates and frankly where they are based is irrelevant.

I work mainly in the CPA space and the UK is my primary marketplace. Most of the affiliates I work with are based in the US, but deliver UK traffic.

Think differently about your situation and then decide.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Thanks Jim, good seeing you are Pubcon last month. Always welcome your advice!

Outsourced Program Manager Azam Marketing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SumUp-Chris View Post
    Hi All,

I am thinking about starting a Shareasale program considering their low costs and significant affiliate reach. We are a Berlin, Germany based service provider (with a focus on B2B) and our product/services are available in UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria. By years end, we will add more European countries as well. I am aware of Zanox (Affiliate Window) and AffiliNet but their startup costs and network fees are a little high. Two questions if I may:

1) Does Shareasale offer a decent amount of European affiliates?
    2) Am I able to "search and recruit" for affiliates in Shareasale's interface if we decide to retain their services?

Thanks,
    -Chris
    SAS are a good network, but the UK and Europe is not their strength. We've seen relatively few European affiliates on our SAS programs.

Best to go with a UK network if the UK is your focus. There are quite a few UK networks, including ones with lower fees. However, as always, one gets what one pays for the and low fee ones generally offer poor service, technology, affiliate reach etc.
    [COLOR=Purple]Nadeem, [url="http://www.azam.net/"]Azam Marketing, Inc.[/url]: Award-Winning Affiliate Marketing Results Since 1997
    [/COLOR]

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Try Webgains. They have a USA network and a UK network. Cheaper to set up than AWIN and a good affiliate base. However they do not do much in the way of B2b.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    I'm not trying to do a sales pitch here, but I am with Affiliate Window and you have already acknowledged our strength in the UK. Saving money up front isn't a deal if you don't get the results you wish. Choosing a network is one of the most critical decisions in building your affiliate program, so I recommend you do so based on the best fit for your needs. ROI is the most important goal, agreed? If I can help you with this, just let me know. Thanks!

7. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Chris, ask those hard questions specifically of the network then share with us your response.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread