Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Affiliate Manager
    Affiliate Aquarium
    Hello,

Have any of you guys had any success using the affiliate aquarium to connect with potential affiliates/merchants? It seems like a great way of getting in touch with people in similar niches but it appears that hardly anyone actually uses it.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar

Affiliate Manager
    Thanks Chuck
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

Thanks Chuck
    Thanks to Chuck Hamrick for posting a link to the previous discussion. I've had a simialr experience - no responses to my posts in Affiliate Aquarium, including messages to SAS representatives, I might add. It seems like a decent platform but there is very little use of it.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Haven't been there since it was launched...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Anyone up for an experiment to see if we can get something through it?

Sure. Challenge: Be proactive daily for the rest of the month then come back here and share results and actions taken.
    I'd be game. Anyone else?
    J. Duffield Affiliate Manager at Snow Consulting
    Let's Connect-PassTheSEO|#GSEG|Twitter|LinkedIn|Blog "Knowledge is Power."

Quote Originally Posted by PDXreader View Post
    Sure. Challenge: Be proactive daily for the rest of the month then come back here and share results and actions taken.
    I'd be game. Anyone else?
    Just logged into my affiliate account on SAS and saw lots of activity in the aquarium from you know who... ^^^^
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

I couldn't even find a link to sign in...

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Anyone up for an experiment to see if we can get something through it?
    I'm in as well.
    Mike Hourigan

Going to try this for several merchant accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    I couldn't even find a link to sign in...
    Tools-> Affiliate Aquarium (diver guy icon)
    Wesley S.
    Affiliate Support
    [URL="http://www.abestweb.com/forums/webhostingbuzz-com-689/"]WebHostingBuzz Forum[/URL]|[EMAIL="wesley.s@webhostingbuzz.com"]Email Me[/EMAIL]|T: 1.877.783.2060

13. Thanks From:

Thanks, Wesley.

Joined some groups. Hmmm. Could use some organization. Just takes too long to get around. Maybe some practice on my part - see a bunch of "join my program" stuff...

Affiliate Manager
    see a bunch of "join my program" stuff...
    Definitely a tendency of newer affiliate managers to do this, I'm guilty of it myself

How would affiliates benefit the most from using the aquarium? Would the creation of more groups centered around specific niches make it more useful? Also, I feel like all of the privacy settings and group and blog features that require permission to join are a little counter intuitive and might be another reason why people don't use the aquarium.
    Mike Hourigan

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHourigan View Post
    How would affiliates benefit the most from using the aquarium?
    Have no idea.

Would the creation of more groups centered around specific niches make it more useful?
    No. You have hundreds of merchants and thousands of affiliates. If even a small percentage of each created a new group - total chaos.

Also, I feel like all of the privacy settings and group and blog features that require permission to join are a little counter intuitive and might be another reason why people don't use the aquarium.
    See, I haven't even run into that yet. Don't like to wait to join. Don't like waiting for "approval". As for privacy, haven't looked at that. Personal info should all be set to private as default.

What would make it better? If it was laid out like a forum, not Twitter...

Affiliate Manager
    What would make it better? If it was laid out like a forum, not Twitter...
    Couldn't agree more
    Mike Hourigan

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Just as a side note... we felt the forum was already available (ABestWeb is right here ) so we were trying a few other things to allow Affiliates to read more blog-like content, connect with other Affiliates as well, form small groups to discuss the things that were important to them, etc...

It hasn't worked as well as we would have hoped - but there has been some interaction that we are very happy with. Based on that, we'll be changing a few things and reworking it - so I'm definitely eager to see what you come up with in this thread.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

19. Thanks From:

Thumbs down
    If this is still true then I won't join the Aquarium regardless of layout:

http://www.abestweb.com/forums/1045550-post7.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You mean Brian that affiliates could form a union and demand high commissions and benefits? (kidding)

22. Thanks From:

Affiliate Aquarium seems like Facebook. It shows you and your list of friends plus a shoutout/status box.

The Search feature/function allows you to search for potential affiliates. All you have to do is supply the necessary keyword. However, it doesn't clearly show if the acceptance of friend request also means that the affiliate has joined your program.

It also has a function of allowing merchants to create blog posts. Though I'm not sure if you are given a link to show whether or not your blog posts are live and were seen by potential affiliates.

I also noticed that SAS has webinars. But I'm not sure if they send notifications or invitations to merchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqui View Post
    I also noticed that SAS has webinars. But I'm not sure if they send notifications or invitations to merchants.
    They announce webinars weekly. Blogs, facebook, twitter. You just have to look.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    so I'm definitely eager to see what you come up with in this thread.
    OPM login
    OPM login
    OPM login

Greg Hoffman

Hello,

Have any of you guys had any success using the affiliate aquarium to connect with potential affiliates/merchants? It seems like a great way of getting in touch with people in similar niches but it appears that hardly anyone actually uses it.

Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Agreed. The search functionality is really weak. I'll get more involved with ABW and see how that works out. Only affiliates I'm getting so far are coupon sites, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but need to find more ways to attract affiliates with the right audience. Working Google searches hard, etc but rarely is a good target publisher/blog already a SAS affiliate, at least from what I've found so far.

I have been playing with it for w few weeks now, but still trying to find the best way to communicate with affiliates.

I will keep making a presence in hopes affiliates will find it.

I guess I'm just trying to understand whether searching keywords inside Affiliate Aquarium will provide a complete list of affiliate targets. If I have to contact them outside AA, no problem but just doesn't seem like the search is returning a complete list of potential affiliate partners.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast