AMs / OPMs, What Percentage of Sales "Should" Come From Datafeed Sites?
    Hey guys,

I'm doing a bit of research and wanted to reach out to the ABW community.

Do you have any metrics you can share on what portion of overall program sales come from the merchant's datafeed?

Obviously it will vary program to program, but I'm curious if there are any benchmarks in place to segment affiliate traffic in this way. I.e. 20% datafeed, 20% coupon, 20% loyalty, etc.

Of course the end goal of this is show merchants it's worthwhile to invest in their feeds.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Your Ad Here.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can't create a percentage of datafeed affiliates. They decide if they want to promote you and if your datafeed is worth utilizing. I would love to see 50% datafeed but in reality you may get a handful if your brand has equity, pricing is competitive and your datafeed is detailed.

3. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager
    There isn't a percentage breakdown that can be attributed to the types of affiliates you have. It is all based on your niche, product offerings, commission payout, etc.

I would say yes to invest in having a good quality data feed. However, I wouldn't place a solid percentage on the types of affiliates to work with.

Also, coupon sites seem to be the winning bread and butter. Everyone is looking for a deal nowadays. In my experience, a customer would rather apply a coupon and see a percentage taken off of their total versus finding the product in a search engine. At least that's my experience.

Companies like ours will ONLY work with a merchant that has datafeeds, and we drive over a billion ad impressions per month.

Affiliate Manager
    @Prosperent - What do you use the datafeeds for other things other than CSE?

The datafeeds from 3000 or so merchants all go into our own in-house search backend. We are then able to deliver them via our display ads contextually, link to product references in people's content, and distribute the data via our api. Without a datafeed we have no data to work with. Even if you only have one product, it makes sense to throw it in a datafeed.

Affiliate Manager
    @Prosperent - That makes sense! Sounds great!

I have one program that is healthy and growing with 95% of sales coming from datafeed affiliates.

Ideally, I'd like to see 20% to 40% coming from datafeed affiliates.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

10. Thanks From:

Thanks for your input guys. It would be really interesting to see some network-wide data from some of the big players.
    Your Ad Here.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    I don't have percentages but I see lots of data feed affiliates promoting our merchants. I might guess it's about 30% or maybe more per program but some programs have more data feed usage than others. There are many affiliates that are getting the feeds and making great looking consumer facing stores, sometimes they even look like merchant stores.

13. Thanks From:

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread