ABW Ambassador
    CJ New Links
    Announcement

Just in time for the Holidays – the “New Links” tab has launched!

I just noticed a new statement at CJ on the home page once you log in:
    The “New Links” tab makes it easier than ever to find Advertiser Links and get codes – just in time for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. To quickly and easily see the updates, be sure to view the new features tour when you first click on the new tab. While we strongly encourage you to take full advantage of the new tab, the “Get Links” tab will still be available through Q4 so as not to interfere with the holiday sales efforts. The default search when you first click on the “New Links” tab will show you a list of links from all your joined advertisers. This replaces the previous search of clicking into “Get Links” and then selecting “By Relationship.” Among other improvements, you will also be able to search for links that have deep linking. We will be adding an improved search for Products and Advertisers in the near future. To help us continue improvements to the Links search experience, we urge you to provide your feedback through the feedback tab on the site. We also request that you please provide your email address in the comments so we can respond directly. Thank you! Check out the Searching for Links topic in the Support Center for all the details.
    I had a little look and personally I would not use it as it's just a clone of the GAN links tab which I hate. It's also slow to load for me on my wireless connection. I'm sorry to say CJ but you should have put your time to better use like improving the product search or improving how we can see expired links and much more, This does not do anything for me but just seems to have boxed the old links search into a new interface which is pretty for some but does not seem to add any new functionality. I will continue to use the old links tab as I know where everything is.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    We tested it in Beta - Once...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    SAY IT AIN'T SO, CJ, SAY IT AIN'T SO!

The ABSOLUTE WORST from GAN.

PLEASE CJ this CANNOT BE THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!

One more well thought out, unemotional comment:

This will be a real moneymaker ........

.......for SAS, Avantlink, Affiliate Window, Amazon, PJX, even LS

PS, just how difficult would it be for CJ the stop the crapping around and join the modern world with a LINK GENERATOR?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    I have to say there might be some useful tools in it but I willl have to take a deeper look at it but I don't have much time right now. Even if it does have a coiple of useful featues it still not a good idea to copy it on GAN's interface as that is one of the worst around.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Looks very pretty - but also terrible. superCool also thought "this looks like the crap on GAN. Oh S___!". Looks like GAN, but probably works much better. CJ doesn't hire monkeys to run their business like GAN does.

superCool needs to review the tutorial to see how it works, but right now it doesn't look good.

UGH

"you will also be able to search for links that have deep linking."

I can't believe they are just starting to acknowledge deep linking, like it finally matters. Kind of an, "oh, people have been asking about deep linking so I guess we'll mention it here." I've always hated the lack of deep linking on CJ. Most of my better performing merchants didn't have a deep linking option when I joined them. Getting them to set it up was always a joy. Not.

I can't say how I feel about the new interface until I've used it for a few weeks.

Just started using this, and it's a huge improvement - I can finally update CJ merchant offers on my site on a regular basis. I was always frustrated by the extra steps, and only covered the bare minimum as a result. Already found a few holiday links that I would have missed otherwise.

Based on the above comments, I know this might not be for everyone, but FINALLY I can browse a few key merchants to see what's new. The "last updated" sort box is invaluable, and I wish it was the default setting.

Let's hope this inspires CJ (and its merchants) to remove expired deals from the interface.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    That's 1 for CJ...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

>> we urge you to provide your feedback through the feedback tab on the site

i cannot locate where is the feedback tab.

A question:
    if advertiser update their links, will CJ consider those links as "New" ?

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    Looks very pretty - but also terrible. superCool also thought "this looks like the crap on GAN. Oh S___!". Looks like GAN, but probably works much better. CJ doesn't hire monkeys to run their business like GAN does.

superCool needs to review the tutorial to see how it works, but right now it doesn't look good.

UGH
    Very true. delsol agrees with superCool. This already looks like it works better and faster then GAN.

The problem, I have with these "global selectors" is that the filtering is too "heavy/clumsy". If you pick a merchant it should remove the filters when they are not applicable, which in many cases would be 90% of the filters.

Product links?
    Am I just missing where product links are in the new interface or are they truly not there? I wouldn't care except for the "available through Q4" mention related to the Get Links tab. I primarily work with specific products rather than the links area, so mildly concerned about it. (Won't be truly concerned until after Christmas since I have better things to worry about until then!)

I do like that the new interface doesn't open up a new window to get the link, that you can set global defaults for the website, SID and other options, and that (finally!) you can search across all your advertisers rather than just within one advertiser or the entire list of advertisers. Will be happy if those get carried over to product link creation as well and just deal with anything else at that point just like I do with all the other networks.

13. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Looks to me like CJ has not added that to the New Links section. You will have to use the Get Links >> Search >> Merchant. Then you can click on View Products if they have a datafeed. If they don't have a datafeed you will have to create deep links.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Looks to me like CJ has not added that to the New Links section. You will have to use the Get Links >> Search >> Merchant. Then you can click on View Products if they have a datafeed. If they don't have a datafeed you will have to create deep links.
    Yes - I know all that. The implication in the statement on the dashboard page - available through Q4 - is that the Get Links tab will be going away. But the New Links tab doesn't include all options of the Get Links tab. I'm assuming it will eventually include product links before they get rid of the Get Links tab, just wasn't sure if I was missing that they were already there.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Being Q4 I am behind on any announcements or newsletters that CJ may have sent on this feature change. Let me know if anyone got one. I only say that in case there was information provided on the link tool transition as I have not seen any. It is not out of character for CJ to make changes without fully implementing everything such as they did with reports on the merchant login. I was simply verifying what I saw my end in response to your post.

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread