How to handle questionable transactions
    I have generated a number of sales recently through a particular travel merchant in which the sale amount is the same dollar amount. I find this somewhat curious, as the dollar figure is rather low for what I would expect to see, and I would not expect to see the same sales figure for separate transactions.

I have tried to contact the merchant, both via email and the CJ mailing interface. I have not heard anything back yet. What options do I have in this kind of situation? Should I be contacting CJ, since they are the ones who are supposed to be tracking sales?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Try opening a tech ticket and see if you get any attention from the network.

Alright, so I opened a ticket and got the "please wait 5-8 business days" for merchant to respond response. CJ apparently won't act until after that time.

So after submitting messages to the merchant via email and CJ interface, and after having to have CJ contact the merchant twice, I finally got a response which was given to me by the CJ support member:

"We do not show any technical issues with the program on our side. Everything has been running with 100% up time for the last 6 months."

What? I show six separate transaction events recently with sales amount for each transaction at $83.34. At 30% commission, my take is $25. The problem is that these sales are for blocks of hotel rooms, which I would expect to be in the $2000-$5000 range, and at the very least I would expect that these sales would not be the same exact number six times. I'm miffed, as I could be out thousands of dollars over this one merchant. Should I press the issue? Should I request the merchant verify and match up the commissions I'm receiving with corresponding sales?

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Do you have any proof of a transaction occurring as that will be more meaningful and will help them dig/research, as opposed to I think I got a $5000 order, and i should be getting $83.34.

Get a transaction ID, or order ID if possible and send it to CJ since you have an open channel of communication.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread