Without any editing what so ever, here is a response that I just received from CJ...

"Unfortunately we cannot track clicks on a per product basis. I am not sure why you would like to see the clicks on each product as you are not paid on clicks, but on sales. If you are interested in tracking each click based on product you can always use programs such as hitbox and webtrends. These will provide you with the information you wish.

We might change this in the future. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!"

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

["Unfortunately we cannot track clicks on a per product basis. I am not sure why you would like to see the clicks on each product as you are not paid on clicks, but on sales. ]

That's news to me...

"I haven't failed, I've just found 10,000 reasons why it doesn't work"
    Thomas Edison

ABW Ambassador
    i sed to be able to check product links, and would see what people were clicking on until they changed the linking system, now all that comes up is product link - what product? i ask to myself, what product sells best? how do i know?
    stupid cj
    they know what affiliates are doing better, so why should't we know whats going on?

quote:
    I am not sure why you would like to see the clicks on each product as you are not paid on clicks, but on sales.

OBVIOUSLY, CJ ***DOES NOT*** GET IT!

What a stupid thing for CJ to say to a Publisher! We don't want to know what products are creating interest on our sites?

Sounds to me like they're trying to cover something up. Non-performing product links virtually disappear the way they are now. We can't tell what's being clicked, which page it's on, nada...zip...zilch!

Get it together, CJ. BRING BACK INDIVIDUAL PRODUCT LINKS THAT PROVIDE INTELLIGENT INFORMATION!

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The 2 GB product database is not designed to feed affiliates who track impressions and clicks. It is more designed to feed those who provide no impressions or clicks and just interlope at the point of sale with a price alternative. Think comparision shopping engines without being tied to a domain doing magic via a triggered popup.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

That's amazing. Cj will figure it out oneday when Linkshare, Performics, Befree or someone else replaces them as having the most affiliates and merchants. The tracking, etc should be getting better not worse. I have been slowly replacing non performing CJ merchants, maybe I should pick up the pace.

Oh, it get's better.....

My response to CJ:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Customer 02/12/2003 04:07 PM
    "I am not sure why you would like to see the clicks on each product as you are not paid on clicks, but on sales."

Not to completely blunt, but this Marketing 101. If I have a pair of sneakers, a jacket, tights, and treadmill displayed on the page, and all the clicks are coming through the sneakers and none of the other products, wouldn't this be useful information?

Think about it. Sales may not be generated because the visitors don't like those particular sneakers, but if people keep clicking on them, then there is a definite interest in sneakers and displaying other pairs therefore would probably generate sales. Under the current system, I have no way of knowing this what products are grabbing attention and which aren't; much less have the ability to accurately target my visitors.

"If you are interested in tracking each click based on product you can always use programs such as hitbox and webtrends."

Neither of these products will tell me what products are clicking on. They'll simply tell me how many people are visiting the product page, which is not what I'm asking about.

I need the ability to track per product clicks.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

CJ's response
    Response 02/13/2003 10:20 AM
    Hello!

If you would like to track individual links that are generating revenue the best way to do this would be through the SID method, this will tell you what products are making the sales.

Unfortunately at this time we will not be breaking down the product reports into individual products that show performance report statistics (clicks,impressions,ect.). If you would like to talk to someone at hitbox.com I have checked there website and made a call and they will be glad to help you with the tracking of these individual products.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks!

NetSweat.com - The Internet's Fitness Resource
    www.netsweat.com

I use the SID method successfully. It is A LOT OF WORK on my part, but it really helped me on one site to determine what was working and what was not.

But it sure would be easy if CJ did all this for us. All we would do is click one of those boxes (like Hide Link) when we get the code and it would automatically put code in the link. Even if it was just the SID, that would save me hours of work.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Yes but they *used* to do this and then they improved the system so it *didn't*.

________
    Please leave my port 137 alone.

quote:
    Yes but they *used* to do this and then they improved the system so it *didn't*.

Ummm... I need a little while to digest this. Ummm... I think I need help, or perhaps CJ needs help.

Yes, CJ did provide information on exactly which products were getting clicks, how many impressions for each product, etc. Then, after an "upgrade" (I use the term very loosely...) this information disappeared!

How does CJ expect us to run a successful business if we don't have the tools we need to do so?

CJ needs to restore this functionality to their publisher account manager. Whoever decided it wasn't useful was wrong, and they need to just admit they made a mistake, and restore it back the way it was.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

I should have added, that one of the *REALLY* great features about being able to track products individually, was that you could click on the link and see what the destination page was.

Then, you could click on that link and verify that it was going where it was supposed to, that the product was the same, and that it was in stock. A lot of really, really useful information that we don't have easy access to now. The question is...

WHY DON'T WE HAVE ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION ANY MORE???

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    BUMPING for CJ Attention

Brian
    aka Cyclone

Todd stopped supporting us on this forum months ago, and is currently on vacation - What makes you think we'll get any support when he returns?

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't necessarily request anyone . . . more like ANYONE from CJ would do . . .

Brian
    aka Cyclone

quote:
    Originally posted by FFoc:
    Todd stopped supporting us on this forum months ago, and http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...9&m=2126025522 - What makes you think we'll get any support when he returns?

The problem is that Todd comes in here about once a month (check his posts - you'll see I'm right on the mark)and answers a couple of posts, but not all. Therefore, he gives us the impression he is still here to help us, but as he only answers a handful a month, it leaves us all feeling very frustrated. CJ needs to assign someone else who has the time and interest in helping us here.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    The question is...

The heck with "WHY." I just want the old functionality back. Knowing "why" isn't going to let me know what products were clicked!

-Early in life, I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose honest arrogance and have seen no occasion to change. ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

This is not just Marketing 101 but Marketing ABC!!
    We sell products. We would like to know which products are selling! The way it is now, I could inadvently remove a big seller, to make room for new products!
    Obviously CJ is hedging their bets on the product data feeds! Just blindly post 1000's of links! What they should of done is leave the products the way they were and offer the data feeds on the side!

CJ - Hire someone with at least some marketing experience!!!

Tami

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't we ALL copy this thread and BLAST CJ with it?

Brian
    aka Cyclone

You know the fact is that in the three years I have been with CJ I have seen them, unfortunately, continue to deteriorate. Once unquestionably the best affiliate network, they seem to be bent on self implosion. They remove with each update, more features; The CJ affiliate messaging at CJU, the Link Constructor, Unique Product Link ID's, even small functions like the little link in email folders allowing you to move from one email to the next without opening the inbox each time, all this combined with ever increasing prices that has caused over 400 of our own affiliate merchants to discontinue using CJ. When we signed up, there were 1300 merchants, and it went as high as 2300 that I saw but as soon as they started making these changes, they cut their own throats so that now they are barely maintaining that original number of 1200 merchants.

How many merchants have left CJ, how many affiliate publishers have given up on them? I wonder just what all this stupidity has cost them and who is at fault?

President & CEO

Business Website Review Inc.

The Family Safe Business Web Directory

http://www.businesswebsitereview.com

The oldest business website review's directory listing hundreds of the finest merchant's reviews on the web, offering free link partners submission, free email, free community posting, informational subportals for news weather sports finance & more since 2000.

In-House Affiliate Program paying 30%

365 Day Cookie

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread