Wink Web Sales are supposed to increase 17%
    Web sales are supposed to hit $43.4 billion

Oho ho ho! Web sales expected to grow 17% - NYPOST.com
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    So far Black Friday is up 75% for my largest merchant. They are adverting on a national TV series which they didn't do last year so may not be apples to apples. Last year we ran a 20% Black Friday only sale. This year its 15% BF plus Free Shipping and 10% Cyber Monday plus Free Shipping.

My Black Friday was a record, but, my profit for the days preceding it and after it were down about 27% - 30% so this holiday season is looking not so good for me, when compared to 2011.

It used to be that my websites experience during the holiday shopping season could be used as a bell weather of how retail was functioning in the United States. This year, I'm getting hammered by Google Shopping, which is grabbing most of the traffic for the top keywords. I have no idea how well consumers feel and how much they are spending. All I know is that Google has an infinite number of ways to screw me.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

4. Thanks From:

Oh, and my sales volume is down 50% - 60% YOY. I've just managed to "adjust" and stay in the black.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

6. Thanks From:

We have noticed sales withing the western states has increased, but the eastern states are way down!

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That's unfortunate if its due to Sandy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    That's unfortunate if its due to Sandy.
    We think it is. NYC and surrounding is a huge market for us, and we can see the change started the day before Sandy rolled in.

Every year I feel sales will be increasing online. There is a whole new generation still being born that will grow up to buy nearly everything via websites or some type of mobile platform instead of going to a store. When you think about it we are only breakin into what the potential is for online sales by a little bit. The work and dedication you put in today is going to pay off big time in the future.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread