Got a letter yesterday from someone at CJ who says they are my account manager and promise to:
    quote:
    ... help you grow your program. I hope to do this by:

Making introductions to you with more of our top tier advertisers (I will try to find the ones that fit best with your program)
    Brokering better deals and special offers with advertiser partners,
    Helping you to get custom creative when needed
    Giving you support to generate more business effectively with CJ.

He then sent me a list of 300 top performing merchants.

Anybody else know who their account manager is? And do they earn their keep?

ABW Ambassador
    lol, account managers.. but that means they have to interact with us lowly 'affiliates'

ABW Ambassador
    I see a strategy behind it to make us affiliates to their customers.

carneol

Are you SURE this is from someone at CJ? I've never heard of them doing something like this for an affiliate before.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing
    Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

Well if you are selling enough I can fathom having an account manager. You have to go beyond peon status to get that I would think. Me still peon status I guess.

Yah, this is a new CJ "feature" -- they're trying to be more active on the merchant side, too. We've gotten several calls from various new account managers, offering us about the same thing.

I guess they're trying to expand beyond simple technology into actual relationship brokering. (So as to gain a lasting advantage over all those would-be affiliate network software providers.)

-----

Tom Dalton
    (801) 802-9500
    tom_at_10xmarketing.com
    Franklin Covey Affiliate Manager

http://www.10xmarketing.com/franklincovey

Thanks Tom.

Guess I'm not up to that level yet. The only unsolicited emails I get from CJ staff are ones where they wish to make a comment on something I've written here at ABW about their poor performance. Hey, any of you get emails like that from CJ staff or am I the only one?

Every day is a chance to learn something new and an opportunity to teach others.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm in the same boat as you 7-days. I've heard of CJ account reps for successful merchants and the BHO Dupers, but not the normal affiliate base. Guess if they see you doing 2K per month or more your on their radar for some sleezy side deals.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

ABW Ambassador
    No contact here, while we do well over that amount. My guess is they have only a few account reps for affiliates and they are going down the list getting to as many affiliates as they can over time.

ABW Ambassador
    No contact here, may be I'm a little far...

I would like the better commissions part...

Fer

FYI the payout I am due this month is over $8000 for the first time. If they are going alphabetically it makes sense I was first since my real name is Aaron Aabacus.

Seriously though, what good is a list of 300 merchants? He wants me to review each one? That would take ages. A list of 10 that fit my site and that he had arranged a premium commission with on my behalf, now that would be helpful.

Hey, see if you can get your account manager to come here and help all of us. It would be nice to have a little support for the masses as well as the top performers.

So I guess you're not making that $2K per month, eh Charlie?

I had one of these bugging me from Linkshare for weeks, I had to tell them to get lost in the end, last thing I want is a manager

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Mrmerchant said: "So I guess you're not making that $2K per month, eh Charlie?"

I'm sure not there with CJ merchants. Would you be willing to offer some sleezy side deals for someone trying to break the barrier? I do have some Overstock coupon showcase on my frontpage seeing if incentive shoppers are willing to take out their wallets. Now my plans for B-a-HO.com or hairlippedparrots.com might need a devious incent BHO i can bury in a free screen saver. I got a used birdcage I'd be willing to trade for a sleezy BHO to power those projects.

Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    I'm no where in your league yet. If I made $8K a month I would quit my day job actually. But with that said, except for giving me better deals with the advertizers which, I might be able to do myself if I had that clout. There is nothing these people can do for me. I know what advertizers there r already, its my business to know.

What we need from CJ to do is to go backwards to the old days.

You remember the old days, when we could have product links and knew which was being clicked upon.
    You know the olden days when there was a few per click merchants.
    You know the olden days when they didn't charge the merchants so much so the merchants could pay us, the people who did the real work more.

Right now the only thing good about cj as compared with the rest is that they combine checks and they pay on time. One day they'll change that (different checks for each merchant) and then give em a year and they'll b out of business.

Mike
    Bovine Bazaar
    Cow and horse themed gifts and collectibles

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread