Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Got approved for a Merchant that is Offline
    Brian

    I got approved for a merchant that has been offline since 6/10/12. I applied to this program not catching they were off line in September.
    No welcoming letter or notice of any kind from this merchant.
    I had contacted this merchant directly 3 times personally asking if they were going to bring their affiliate program back online and letting them know their stats shows as offline.
    Their feeds seem to update daily but yet they are offline.

    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  2. #2
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    I say it all the time, if you don't get an answer send a fax to their corporate office and address it to the president.

  3. #3
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    Brian

    I got approved for a merchant that has been offline since 6/10/12. I applied to this program not catching they were off line in September.
    First: You should check who are you joining on any network.
    Second: Don't rely on numbers you see that may look good...

    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I say it all the time, if you don't get an answer send a fax to their corporate office and address it to the president.
    Was that a joke?

    If that was no joke... What is the use and purpose of using a third party network to join a merchant?


  4. #4
    ABW Ambassador Bob Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    It was the way I had the filters set for feeds last updated.
    And was looking at the quality of the data feed structure, didn't catch they were offline till the next time I logged into SAS.

    I don't think this merchant understands what offline on the network is.
    They probably check their site and see it's still working...
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

  5. Thanks From:

  6. #5
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Was that a joke?

    If that was no joke... What is the use and purpose of using a third party network to join a merchant?
    When the network doesn't resolve the issue sometimes you need to take different measures. As Bob says maybe the merchant doesn't know things are broken.

  7. Thanks From:

  8. #6
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Lawrence View Post
    It was the way I had the filters set for feeds last updated.
    And was looking at the quality of the data feed structure, didn't catch they were offline till the next time I logged into SAS.


    I don't think this merchant understands what offline on the network is.
    They probably check their site and see it's still working...
    Now I see what you meant, because I have had some similar issues with a couple of old merchants datafeed on SAS before...

    But,.................

    I have never had this problem:

    Got approved for a Merchant that is Offline
    I would never waste my time with any merchant datafeed until I have check that merchant first.........

    One thing is to join ANY merchant anywhere and put up their links and banners three minutes later, but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, A datafeed is something else.

  9. #7
    ABW Veteran Mr. Sal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Posts
    6,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    When the network doesn't resolve the issue sometimes you need to take different measures. As Bob says maybe the merchant doesn't know things are broken.
    I agree!



  10. #8
    OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2005
    Location
    Park City Utah
    Posts
    16,646
    Sounds like Bob is looking for niche merchants for sites he is getting traffic but little or no sales. That narrows down the opportunity so you have to go above board and knock down all options. If this merchant is dead in the water the so be it but they may just be brain dead, not realizing they have a dead program. I have seen many merchants that assign a program to someone who has no passion of it and is probably over worked. I contact several fitness equipment merchants on SAS when my top affiliates asked for help. Was amazed at the lame responses or no responses. These were the #1 and #2 positioned SERPs for reviews on Google. Braindead!!

  11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: December 31st, 2008, 02:46 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2006, 06:40 PM
  3. Getting Approved by a Merchant
    By tonto91 in forum Google Affiliate Network - GAN
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 19th, 2006, 03:48 PM
  4. Merchant offline but NOT OFFLINE, links work???
    By x-man in forum ShareASale - SAS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 9th, 2005, 07:10 PM
  5. Trusted Merchant Approved
    By zimmy in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: June 3rd, 2004, 04:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •