Merchant invited to join in-house program
    I had a merchant suggest I join his in-house affiliate program which offers higher commissions and a different (better?) tracking system. Anyone know if there is anything on CJ's part that could prevent me from doing this?

You can leave networks anytime you wish and go in-house . But do you believe in their tracking and their commitment to pay you on time?
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

3. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Our largest single source of income comes from an indy program - have been with them over 10 years and they have had a program since 1996.

As akaGorilla stated: You have to trust their tracking and commitment to pay. Without any history - "caveat emptor"...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

5. Thanks From:

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    If you trust the merchant and they have good technology, go for it. There is nothing restricting affiliates from working with a merchant in any way they like. I'd definitely place a couple of test orders through the internal technology before you migrate fully though.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

7. Thanks From:

Ok, thanks all for your help. I can understand the loss of the benefit CJ provides by going in-house. I thought there might be something contractural that I was unaware of which prohibited merchants from poaching affiliates from CJ this way. It seems there is not.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You can't recruit affiliates in a network to another networked program or in-house. Some merchants like to cherry pick top affiliates and move them in-house. They can save 2-3% on network fees. Personally its a pain in the ass as you have to do all the accounting work which when I ran multiple in-house programs ate up two days a month for me, plus a day for an accountant to cut and mail checks. The president had to sign them too which too an hour of his time. In this case we had a high priced in-house program that started that way. Moving to a network would not have yields much as we had the top affiliates.

10. Thanks From:

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread