Smile Affiliate Network for newbies?
    Hi all, absolutely loving this forum so far. What an amazing group of people here.
    So, I have a website live that I sell products from. I am looking to join an Affiliate Network as a Merchant but was wondering if I could get some opinions.
    Keep in mind, I am a small time operator trying to get my feet wet.

I am close to starting on ShareASale, but am still up in the air. Any advice or opinions please?

Affiliate Manager
    I would go with ShareASale if you are just starting out. Both Commission Junction and ShareASale have lots of affiliates but SAS's transaction fee is 20% while CJ's is 30%. Also, it has been a while since I created my CJ publisher account but I'm fairly sure the SAS's start-up fees are cheaper as well (someone please call me out if I am mistaken).
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Shareasale is a great place to start, low priced and low fees plus the monthly minimums are small. Its affiliate friendly and their support is excellent plus lots of online support. If you get your program singing there then you will have the general knowledge and skillset to look at a bigger network. Bigger generally means long term contract and 10 to 20 times the setup and monthly minimums.

Alternatively AvantLink has a reasonable setup fee and no monthly minimum plus a flat rate per sale network fee. That means you don't pay more if you increase your commissions for top producers. Plus their tools are second to none, dedicated support and high integrity.

I personally enjoy clickbank. They have tons of products that may suit your niche and you can rank them by which ones are actually making money for their affiliates.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    So much depends on what you are offering and what you need from your network. Are you looking for a tracking solution or a partnership? What is the composition of merchants in your vertical on that network? Are similar programs on each network performing well?

I'd recommend reading an ABW post done by Matt Bidinger. He did a great job pulling together a comparison chart so you can see how each network performs in various areas. Then you'll have a great deal more information to use in making your decision, and perhaps additional candidates for your consideration.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    hell ya Jeannine!

Share a Sale and LinkConnector are good bets too. Most Affiliate Networks will have decent sale offers and will almost always get what you want as far as what type of offers or products. Cultivate a good working relationship first and everything else will flow from there. You want to work with a business who you can contact at almost any time. Some of the larger networks may or may not be good at this even though they may have more offers. It just depends on what is more important to you.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by operationoffers View Post
    You want to work with a business who you can contact at almost any time. Some of the larger networks may or may not be good at this even though they may have more offers. It just depends on what is more important to you.
    Couldn't agree with you more! Being contactable is always a priority. I could tell you stories from my merchant days when I couldn't reach my network, police were calling me...... That's why I asked if he was looking for a tracking solution or partnership - there's a huge difference between the two.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread