Affiliate Website question
    Hello, I am new to affiliate marketing, I am looking to start an affiliate website. I haven't launched the website but close to complete the web site development.

I went thru some of affiliate programs requirements it says affiliate website should not have under construction or coming soon.

Mine is new affiliate website and haven't enrolled in any affiliation programs and My web site is empty (no content).

I would really appreciate your input on this.

Thanks!

make a good website before you do anything else.

decide where you would place ads or banners, and leave that space available in your design.

for example, if you want to use a 468 x 60 banner at the top, leave a 468 x 60 space there when you design the pages. it might help to make your own blank 468 x 60 image to use during webpage creation.
    The internet is a fad.

3. Thanks From:

Gibson - Thank you for the reply.

I am not sure if i explain the issue properly. Could you please advise on this section.

I went thru some of affiliate programs requirements it says affiliate website should not have under construction or coming soon.

Mine is new affiliate website and haven't enrolled in any affiliation programs and My web site is empty (no content).

What content are you planning to put on the site?

I'd recommend populating the site with content and driving some traffic to it before you fill it with advertising.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Write some content!

Quote Originally Posted by sukanya View Post

I am not sure if i explain the issue properly. Could you please advise on this section.

1) Do not have "under construction" or "coming soon" pages.

2) Do not have an empty website - affiliate links are not what you fill the website with. Affiliate links are not considered to be content.

First, make a good website.
    The internet is a fad.

8. Thanks From:

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Quality affiliate networks and merchants need to see what you are doing and how you are doing it before they will work with you. You'll need to at least design a site with "Your Ad Here" in some places, and some content, before most companies will work with you.
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

10. Thanks From:

I would focus on the content and website first before apply to a network because you will only be wasting your time and of course that all important first impression. I have affiliates who sign up with half done websites and almost tell me to approve them. I have to tell them to complete their site first.....moral...get it done first. Form networks around your websites not the other way around, make sure you have a good niche to focus on...not just a place to put offers. Those types of sites almost never get approved. Make it interesting because you will need visitors with a low bounce rate to make any money. Just my 2 cents. Let me know if i can help you out further.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread