Any Suggestions For Free Password Manager?
    Hi,

I know this isn't technically an affiliate marketing tool question, but it does have to do with business.

I am so overwhelmed by all of the different passwords I have. I try to vary them as most security experts suggest. I have about a million email accounts, hosting accounts, logins, social media...I exaggerate, but it really feels like a million.

I'm hoping you guys can point me to a great password manager. Hopefully free! I've never used one, don't really know what to look for. I'd just like to be able to keep track of things. It's starting to drive me crazy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoWriter View Post
    Hi,
    I'm hoping you guys can point me to a great password manager. Hopefully free!
    Okay, you're looking for a great and free password manager.
    How about a phone book dedicated to online platforms/programs?
    You can buy a cheap blank phone book at a dollar store/odd lot store.
    Enter the name of the function or platform or program or site url
    and then write your password info.

If you were looking for a shareware/freeware program you could check
    cnet.com -- this is one time where a small manual personal phone book
    could do the trick or you
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves.
    ~Lynn Hall

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    LastPass
    That's what I use. I also use Xmarks Bookmark Synchronizer. I pay for both so I don't have to worry about them suddenly locking me out although there is no guarantee.

this is one time where a small manual personal phone book
    could do the trick or you
    That's what I've been doing. I'm so tired of it. It's getting out of hand.

LastPass
    You know, I saw this site about 6-8 months ago. Totally forgot about it. Thanks for sending me there. Even at $12 if I were to get the premium, it looks good. And, $12 is basically free.

Thanks for the help

I use chrome, and its built in password manager. It syncs with a google account, so my passwords are available anytime I log into chrome on any PC. Chrome does password and bookmark syncing, so basically the same features of lastpass but free.

I have lastpass installed, to see if it was somehow nicer or more convenient but I'm unimpressed and usually just use the stock chrome functionality.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

7. Thanks From:

Chrome does a really good job for me as far as saving passwords is concerned. It syncs across my devices and I can use Google's Takeout for backing up my data - for free.

What would be the advantages of LastPass over Chrome's built in functions?

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I use two browsers Chrome and FireFox. One I am working emails and the other I am screening merchant accounts, applications, running reports. I also use my wife's laptop when we travel as its faster so can have all my passwords, bookmarks available on here system. When I setup a new system for myself it take 15 minutes to transfer everything.

10. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by calebtheredwood View Post
    Chrome does a really good job for me as far as saving passwords is concerned. It syncs across my devices and I can use Google's Takeout for backing up my data - for free.

What would be the advantages of LastPass over Chrome's built in functions?
    Lastpass is more "robust" - there is more functionality and stuff built around the basic function of password syncing. There could be advantages in that, but in my experience thus far, its primarily more complicated, a bit intrusive in the UX, compared to the google password sync which just works for me.
    Matt Bidinger

LastPass works well for online passwords.

BUT -- I have nearly every password, username, software registration, even banking info and everything else I want to be sure I remember and can access -- in KeePass 2. I even have the database for KeePass 2 set up in Dropbox so I can access the info from any online device.

Gary
    Generate more fake news.

13. Thanks From:

Props on KeePass 2. I use it as well, and its indispensable for the really important stuff. Synced via Dropbox too even.

That brings up a point, its probably more convenient to pull up the passwords and profiles in both KeePass and LastPass, than it is in Chrome. Chrome's password sync makes it convenient to just fill in the fields, but as an actual password storage and reference solution - I still use KeePass for that.

I guess if I didn't like using KeePass, LastPass would probably look more useful to me. I think KeePass is better than Lastpass to store and look up passwords. And I think Chrome is better than Lastpass for storing/autofilling login fields.
    Matt Bidinger

15. Thanks From:

Wow. Looks like I missed a few responses.

I looked at lastpass and keepass. I was leaning towards lastpass. I don't really know why. Well, yes I do...I love open source. I wouldn't be able to anything online without open source. But, and I know I'm wrong, for some reason Keepass worries me. Credit Cards, bank info, anyone else worry about security?

I have to say...these are exactly what I need. I keep strengthening my passwords and keeping them different from the others and it's driving me crazy. I just want to sign into my accounts in less than five minutes .

Roboform had a free version called AIroboform.. just google it..

18. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread