Question My affiliate link was copied to another website
    I recently found that one of my affiliate links was copied and pasted on another website and I got quite well commission thanks to that.

Is that okay with CJ? To me, I am quite happy with that. I hope webmaster of whitehouse.gov will do the same, too.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    All depends on the merchant and sometimes the network (IE: AvantLink). Many insist the click come from a site you own and control...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    All depends on the merchant and sometimes the network (IE: AvantLink). Many insist the click come from a site you own and control...
    If CJ or the merchant does not honor my commission, it is really insane. How can I appeal? It is really unfair. Just like how mobile carriers charge you for receiving text messages from others: you simply cannot control that.

By the way, what's problem with that? I cannot see any bad, to be honest.

Who said anything about business or life being fair. Rules are rules and you agreed to any contracts when you signed up at the networks and each merchant. If you don't like their reasons, no matter what they are, do not promote that merchant or use that particular network. Simple as that.

As I said, check with the merchant AND the network to see if it's acceptable...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Who said anything about business or life being fair. Rules are rules and you agreed to any contracts when you signed up at the networks and each merchant. If you don't like their reasons, no matter what they are, do not promote that merchant or use that particular network. Simple as that.

As I said, check with the merchant AND the network to see if it's acceptable...
    I understand and acknowledge the real world rules. I am simply complaining here, as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    I understand and acknowledge the real world rules. I am simply complaining here, as a human being.

Setting the rules aside, I think it would be rather unfair for a merchant to not honor such a commission. If someone takes my affiliate links and posts them on another site, I am still the but-for cause of sales from those links. But for me placing such a link, a sale would not have been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    Setting the rules aside, I think it would be rather unfair for a merchant to not honor such a commission. If someone takes my affiliate links and posts them on another site, I am still the but-for cause of sales from those links. But for me placing such a link, a sale would not have been made.
    Anyone can justify anything at anytime...

9. Thanks From:

That may or may not be true, but in this case I think the justification is valid.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread