Need Affiliate Privacy Policy - Any Advice?
    Hi,

I'm starting my first affiliate site/blog. I've been looking for a good privacy policy to add.

I'm using Wordpress and will be linking out to most of the major affiliate networks and many merchants.

I've seen some plugins and generators, but it's hard to know which are good and what I should be adding. I saw one here (sorry, not sure if I'm allowed to post a link yet. I have no affiliation with this site), but I don't know if it's good or not.

Any suggestions? Just want to stay legal, stay good in Google's eyes and avoid any trouble.

Thanks

Oh, I'm also thinking of going to DisclosurePolicy to generate an affiliate disclosure policy. I plan on just using a sitewide policy Page and maybe adding their badge to my footer or sidebar. Any thoughts?

(again, don't know if I'm allowed to add links yet or ever. I don't have a relationship with the linked site)

Arrow
    Problogger offers tips on how to create a disclosure policy
    the creative way:

A Screamingly Effective Blog Disclosure Policy: How (and Why) To Get One : @ProBlogger
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    That's great that even starting you're planning to do things right.

Check out some other sites and see what they are doing for disclosure. It doesn't have to be "War and Peace," just letting people know that you have a privacy policy, that you don't collect any personal information, and that you make money through purchases they make from vendors found on your site. I did a couple of online searches and found many sites with sample privacy policies and disclosure text.

I'm not a lawyer, so you'll have to make your own decisions here, but don't let this make you crazy!
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Thanks for the help!

Rhia7 - Those are great resources. Thanks. I had gone to SimplyStacie, that's where I found DisclosurePolicy. I had also checked out ProBlogger, but didn't see that post. I think I may write my own Disclosure Policy. I like the less formal statements and because my site is intended to be humorous, I may have some fun with it. Thanks.

JCrooks - Thanks for the input. From what I've learned following some of the links here and from what you've said, I'm just going to have a bit of fun with the disclosure while making it clear visitors should assume I'm getting paid if they follow a link.

As for the privacy policy...I used a generator and included all of the affiliate networks I'm approved for and even a couple I've yet to be approved for.

Thanks again for your help.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread