Arrow Promo/Coupon Codes!
    So I've been IMing for some time now and want to "hone" in a specific area.

I'm currently an affiliate for a membership site.

The affiliate program goes as such,

You sign up for the program and receive a permanent unique "Promo/Coupon" code. This code is NOT a seasonal discount code, nor does it change. This code is then given to future members where they will then be able to use the code for its benefits (Free Trial, Free Sign-Up, etc..). Once the new member registers and upgrades their membership, the affiliate receives a commission.

For this program, the affiliate link DOES NOT need to be clicked in order for it to be tracked. Meaning that manually typing the promo code is enough to completely track the sign-up and commission.

I'm trying to find programs that are similar in that the manual input of the promo/coupon code is enough and does not require a link to be clicked.

I think I've covered most of the information needed for some good answers, please feel free to ask questions if needed for appropriate responses.

Thanks in advance.

Affiliate Network Rep JCrooks - AffiliateWindow's Avatar
    Does the consumer also get either a toolbar or programming downloaded on their computer when they sign up and get the code?
    Jeannine Crooks - Always happy to share what I know! - Voted Best Network Rep 2013 & 2014
    Email | LinkedIn | Twitter | Affiliate Window
    US Programs | Canada Programs | UK Programs | Ireland Programs | Mainland Europe Programs

Quote Originally Posted by JCrooks - AffiliateWindow View Post
    Does the consumer also get either a toolbar or programming downloaded on their computer when they sign up and get the code?
    No. All the consumer does is input the promotion code in the "Promo Code" field. They have the promo code before hand and use it to receive its benefits during/after sign up.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    That's called a referral program and affiliate programs as generally not in the same classification. You will find them also under biz opp or network marketing (MLM). I am working with one that requires a referral link, not sure if they can do it with a unique code.

yeah, mostly it's mlm programs but some affiliate programs do have it as well, HostGator's is the one jumps to my mind right now, where affiliates can customize their own coupon and whoever uses it is their referral.

Thanks for the replies.

But it's still not clear to me.

There's not source or a method to finding affiliate/referral/marketing programs that consist of using codes and links instead of just links?

I know bluehost offers it, but there has to be more.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread