Blogs?
    So I went ahead and launched my website, and I am currently working on it to get it the way I want it. In the mean time, I was wondering if I can post afflilate links in a blog.... For example I am a member of blogger.com and I have an article up about veterinary topics with no affiliate links posted in it. Can I post affiliate links in the content of my blogs until I can scrape up enough money to get another site around? Also, Once I post an article on those blog sites, is that article to sole property of that site? I have read in some places that once a blog is posted to a site, the article no longer belongs to you.

If blogging and afflilate marketing is not the way to go, what are some ways for me to afflilate market sucessfully at a minimal price until I can make some more money?

You can't post affiliate links on Blogger.com.

You can use Blogger.com to post the blog onto your domain.
    To do this you would have to buy a domain and hosting.
    Once you pay for hosting & you have a domain you can post affiliate
    links onto a blog where you are paying for hosting & you own the domain.

Affiliate marketing is not a make money fast endeavor: it could take a while for you to earn money.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I am not looking for a fast money type thing (although that would be nice! ) I just didn't know if there is any way I can make money affilate marketing without having to buy another website at this time.

I'm confused: do you own a domain and do you have your own hosting?
    Yes or no? Once that question is settled we can go on from there.

If you have your own domain/hosting then you can configure blogger to send your blog and update your posts on your own host.

Many people prefer WordPress but you can use blogger and you can put affiliate ads into the body of your blog and on the sides where they fit.
    Don't crowd your blog with too many ads.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I have a domain for one thing- my son's website. He is a micropreemie in the NICU for a long time. I am launching it to help people going through the same thing we did. I do intend to post affiliate links on it.
    I am also a Veterinary Technician and have always wanted to write informative articles about things relating to animals- parvo virus, arthritis, pet foods, laminitis, ect. This will be my next website, but I don't yet have the money to launch a site for it. I don't want to incorperate a veterinary blog in with a NICU/preemie baby website...

Another thing that confuses me, in your first reply you said I could not post affiliate links in a blog, the second post you said I could.... So... which is it?

You can't post affiliate links on Blogger dot com. You will have to get your own domain name, server and website to use affiliate links on your blog.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread