Is this possible?
    Good morning everyone, hope the holidays were enjoyable. So....my latest question, in my quest to seemingly squeeze water from a stone....so to speak, is this: I have been accepted into a few different affiliate programs. As of now, I exclusively use Avantlink (user friendly and amazing support). Is it possible to combine products from different affiliate programs ( I'm not talking merchants here) into one seamless looking store? Keep in mind, I cannot do this personally as I am a career outdoors man who just had two vertabrea fused and no programming experience. But is it even possible? and any suggestions on who can/does this type of thing (what do you call these people and where are they found?). And, while we are at it, what does this type of work cost? Bill by hour? Job? Ongoing?. Thanks all. Have a great day.
    ps.....don't mess up your back...you use it way more than you think.

ABW Ambassador
    Yes, absolutely possible. You will need to develop parsing scripts/programs for each vendor, which will read the feeds and post to your product database.
    So conceptually you will have one products database which will be fed from multiple feeds.

Depending on your you current database, you will need someone who can write scripts for that database.
    If you database is mysql and scripting is php, you will need a php/mysql pgmr.

Thank you for your prompt response. Can you, or someone else, point me to where I might find this type of programmer. Is there a section with-in abestweb that I can visit for connections? Thanks

Couldn't he also use a third-party tool/plugin? Using Popshops and Sellfire I can add products from the five Affiliate Networks I'm a member of.

Did I understand the question correctly?

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by ChgoWriter View Post
    Couldn't he also use a third-party tool/plugin? Using Popshops and Sellfire I can add products from the five Affiliate Networks I'm a member of.

Did I understand the question correctly?
    Yes, third party tools is also another viable option and possibly cheaper than hiring pgmrs.

I am a pgmr by profession. I use my own scripts/tools to create stores. Third party tools like popshop, sellfire don't click in my head when I think about datafeeds. That may be why I forgot to mention them.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks everyone, I'll start checking out your suggestions. I appreciate the input........ Zootman

Just curiously, before I spend too much time getting excited, signing up and going for it (sellfire seems likely to work), is this something I am going to need programing skills for?

Zootman, you might be interested in learning programing for free:

Learning Programming for Free
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

You won't need any programming skills with SellFire or PopShops. I'm no expert, just starting out too. I've been playing with both of those options for only a week now.

SellFire is a WP plugin and does most of the work for you. You just select with networks and merchants you work with and then either select datafeed or pick products individually.

PopShops is just as easy, same thing.

I don't think you have as much flexibility with these tools as you would if you knew more about databases and programming, but you can can up and running fast.

Both offer free versions so you should play with both and see how they work. Once you've created a store/category, you copy a line of javascript and paste it on your page. SellFire does this for you. You won't get the SEO benefits of PHP using java, but I question that anyway. It seems to me that to get any SEO benefit from running an affiliate store using PHP you'd have to write individual product descriptions for each product or have some very well-defined SEO rules included in the script. Not easy if you have a lot of products. I could be wrong about that.

Anyway, try out the free versions. Create a store using each. You don't have to publish it to your site if you don't want to. The important thing is to see which tools are working with the merchants you're already or plan to be affiliated with.

Got it, Sellfire does work with the programs and merchants I need. Thanks for the programming link R7. I'll dive in and see what comes of it.....

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread