Questions About Adsense & Blog
    I have a friend who has a small blog. He started running Adsense on his blogger blog about a month ago. In his first month he only had about 4,000 page views and 9 clicks. His earnings were finalized at the end of the month and just yesterday he received a message (something like payment hold).

He asked me what this means and if he will be banned. I don't know the answer and was hoping more experienced Adwords users could provide me with their feedback.

He told me he never clicks on the ads being displayed and has never asked anyone to do so. He finds it weird that a site that only generated 4,000 page views and only 9 clicks would be flagged for investigation.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated so I can pass it on to him.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I have a friend who had his AdSense shutdown due to a CJ link from a parked domain, meaning the link was from years ago. There was nothing sketchy done and he runs $1M through AdSense a year. Been going around in circles for months meanwhile losing business.

3. Thanks From:

I wonder how a person gets caught up in this. My friend's site is a little older than a year and he's only been running Adsense for a month and a half.

My friend is extremely ethical and has been in the business for over a decade, had that account for over five year. No warning, just cut off at the knees of slightly above. Point is it doesn't matter if you are new or have had an account for years, they decide.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Chuck. I sure hope that my friend's account isn't closed. Do you know how long it takes them to investigate the incident? This only happened yesterday. Is it also your experience that once there's a payment hold that the account will be closed or could the incident investigation go in his favor?

No idea, being a publisher it may never be investigated. I would use whatever communications means to badger the hell out of them, got nothing to lose.

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Chuck. I appreciate your input.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Did the message say a hold for investigation or it is just because the payment threshold has not been met? They do not pay out until a minimum of $100 is due.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

12. Thanks From:

The way I understand it is that until yesterday under finalized earnings on the home page it showed an amount. Then at some point yesterday it said "On Hold...Unpaid erarnings". In front of the "On Hold" verbiage there is a caution/yield mini image.
    Last edited by bibby; January 16th, 2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    I have a friend who had his AdSense shutdown

runs $1M through AdSense a year. Been going around in circles for months meanwhile losing business.
    what did he replace it with? before this, was his revenue diversified?
    The internet is a fad.

My friend got a message. something about verifying his address.

Its not the message when you get to the first threshold (cant remember exactly how much now, I think it was around the 10 euro mark) when google pays a small ammount of money into your bank account and you have to tell them how much so that they can verify your account ready for future payments ?

Not that. This ended up having to do with verifying his address. Funny thing is that adsense hasn't emailed him the verification code yet.

My friend informed me today that his account is OK. His address had to be verified. It is now and there are no holds on his account.

19. Thanks From:

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread