I received another spam email to an address ONLY used for Commission Junction, it belongs to someone unassociated with CJ and they appear to be using stolen data (probably from a merchant) If they're using stolen CJ data for *this* spam then they are probably selling the same stolen data on.

Date: 16 January 2013 18:02
Subject: [info] Potential Prospects

This is Kevin Clark with Campaign Management Division. We are a Business Database provider.

We provide services such as E-Mail Marketing, Append Service, Template design and Campaign management.

E-mail Marketing: Saving your company's time and money, B2B e-mail marketing is the new direct mail. With the rising popularity in this effort, our customers are leveraging on Our data services (Marketing lists, and data append services & Campaign Management) to successfully execute targeted e-mail marketing campaigns, filling their bucket of leads.

Target Industry: _____________________________ Target Geography: ___________________________ Target Job Title: _____________________________

Look forward to hear from you. If possible, refer me to the right person who makes decision on prospect lead generation. Our best price starts from five cents per lead.

Warm regards,

Kevin Clark
Business Development Executive
Mailing List & Campaign Management-USA
(P) 302.648.6333

Please consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information. This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient. Therefore, unauthorized use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender by replying to this message and deleting this e-mail and associated files from any system(s) it may be on. TC:3233337
If you do not wish to receive future emails from us, please reply as 'leaveout'

Their website is not active, and the WHOIS details for emdb.us appear to be fake:

Registrant ID: CF84AEF7F2E25CDD
Registrant Name: Peter Parker
Registrant Address1: Delaware
Registrant City: Delaware
Registrant State/Province: DE
Registrant Postal Code: 19703
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Phone Number: +1.2126746686
Registrant Email: hearst333@gmail.com
Registrant Application Purpose: P1

The email originates from an IP address of which is Bharti Airtel in India.

I can find these other domains connected with this scam:

I don't know what CJ can do about this, as this particular bunch of scammers are offshore and hidden behind fake registration details. Nonetheless, they appear to be using email addresses stolen either indirectly or directly from CJ which is certainly not a good thing..