Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Things to deal with (One way or another) on 2013...
    Sorry for that lame title, but it was either that, or just a direct bash to... some of the shit that really piss me off... BIG TIME!

1 - Number One!

I used to like SAS (Shareasale) a lot (before 2005), but lately ...

SAS SUCKS to me now!, ...

Not only do I have to wait a long Fkng time to login... (Because I use IE), but I also have to keep looking at those Fkng competition ads from Shopping Bargains, Chinese Laundry, Fat Walet, or any other big Fkng affiliate competition website there that give kudos to Shareasale... Before I get to see any of my stats on SAS...

ONE STUPID QUESTION FOR SAS!

Why should any non parasitic Shareasale affiliate need to read a recommendation from any of those supper affiliates before they log in and see their own non-supper affiliate stats?

I just wander how SAS would feel if any SAS merchant would have see and stare an ad from CJ or any other network before a merchant on SAS was able to login at SAS...

-------------------

Number Two!

If... Anyone have a problem with what I posted above... That means that they Can't handle the truth... So... I am sorry for you!

=======================================
    But at the end...

It's not easy for me to say this because I may be afraid to say what I feel... But I am getting too old for this shit....

So f**k my feeling and I will tell it like it is...

FK. SAS login page, just because I use IE, I don't need to wait a few minutes and have to stare at my parasitic supper affiliates competition before I get my stats page...

BTW, anyone can get their M. to say good shit about themself but... [THINK about this for a second]

I don't need any (let leave this blank) to tell me how good you're...

I JUST NEED TO LOG IN, LOOK AT MY SHIT, AND LOGOUT!

Just think about this:

Why should I need or care to know, how FKinG good you're according to what the FKinG Fat Walet, Shopping Bargains, Chinese Laundry, say about how good you are, every ****ing time I log in to SAS?

ABW Ambassador
    Just curious, Mr Sal. Why do you have to wait long time to login...I'm using IE as well, no problem login at all, takes less than a second.

Try this: https://www.shareasale.com/a-login.cfm

Other than that, I agree with what you said about the Fat Walet(and other) ads.

3. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by mayfly View Post
    Just curious, Mr Sal. Why do you have to wait long time to login...I'm using IE as well, no problem login at all, takes less than a second.

Try this: https://www.shareasale.com/a-login.cfm

Other than that, I agree with what you said about the Fat Walet(and other) ads.
    Thank you for your reply mayfly,

If you're using IE and don't have that problem, then it must be something wrong with my IE9 setting, because I have been dealing with this issue for a very long time by now...

And since I only have that problem with the log in page of SAS and no where else, I don't know why I can't find a solution for that...

This is the only thing I have checked on my IE9 for protection:

ActiveX Filtering
    Attached Images Attached Images

ABW Ambassador
    Then it must be the "ActiveX Filtering" setting's problem. Because I'm also using IE9, and don't have the "ActiveX Filtering" checked.

Maybe you should try to uncheck it and see what happens?

BTW, what's your reason to turn on "ActiveX Filtering"? I don't even notice it is there .

Btw, even tho I have to wait a long time to move from the log in page before everything start to work fast on SAS, just having to keep looking at these ads from my competition for about a minute, is what get me more mad...

CJ may promote their big top earning parasites on their main page, but at least CJ don't force me to read those ads before I log in there.

Anyway, I don't think is a wise decision to have any network showing me what their top money makers say about that network, everytime I try lo log in at that network...

To me, this is worse than those subliminal ads that were banned century ago.

7. Thanks From:

Then it must be the "ActiveX Filtering" setting's problem. Because I'm also using IE9, and don't have the "ActiveX Filtering" checked.

Maybe you should try to uncheck it and see what happens?

BTW, what's your reason to turn on "ActiveX Filtering"? I don't even notice it is there .
    The reason I have "ActiveX Filtering" on, is because I read long time ago that by having that switched on, you can prevent some websites from injecting bad code on your computer.

I don't remember exactly when I read about it, or why it was good to have it on, but fo far I have never ever had any problem with my computer...

I just googled "ActiveX Filtering"

FYI
    =================================================
    How to use Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering

How to use Tracking Protection and ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer 9

You can turn on Tracking Protection in Windows Internet Explorer 9 to help prevent websites from gathering information about your web browsing. You can also turn on ActiveX filtering to help prevent programs from accessing your computer without your consent.
    Once you turn on either feature, you can turn it off for specific sites.

Use Tracking Protection to block content from unknown websites

When you visit a website, some content might be provided by a different website. That content could be used to gather information about which pages you visit on the Internet.

Tracking Protection blocks this content from websites that appear on Tracking Protection Lists. There's a Personalized Tracking Protection List included with Internet Explorer that's generated automatically based on sites you visit. You can also download Tracking Protection Lists, and then Internet Explorer will periodically check for updates to the lists.

=================================================
    What I bolded in RED I think is one good reason to have it on.

10. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Hmmm, maybe I should turn it on just in case.

Back to your topic, did you tried to turn it off and see if it fix the SAS login problem?

12. Thanks From:

Back to your topic, did you tried to turn it off and see if it fix the SAS login problem?
    I just turn it off and still takes time to move from the login page to inside.

Once I am in, everything works fast with or without the filter on or off.

And like I posted last year, while I am sitting there waiting to get in, if I view source it looks like some javascript or ColdFusion script is the one holding that page hostage.

It's hard for me to believe that I am the only one that have that issue with the SAS login page, and I can't comprehend why I am having this issue only on SAS, because I don't have that problem anywhere else on the net.

14. Thanks From:

Before you do, be aware that in order to see videos on youtube, justin, etc...

You must click on the blue circle to allow those videos to show, otherwise you will not see the videos.

I don't turn off the filter on the IE tools tab, I just click on the blue circle and
    turn off the filter from there, that way I don't have to remember to put it back on when I leave those video sites.

And so far I have never had any problen seeing anything I wanted to see.

16. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal View Post
    It's hard for me to believe that I am the only one that have that issue with the SAS login page...
    You're not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Explains my horrendous load times when logging into SAS as well. - ALWAYS start a new login session with a fresh (private) browser.

Hmmm - Still, it's the only network where I feel I may have to pack a lunch before logging in...
    http://www.abestweb.com/forums/share...nk-154011.html

I had to give up Opera for SAS and now use FF for SAS and GAN...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

18. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    I had to give up Opera for SAS and now use FF for SAS and GAN...
    Convergence, I thought Opera was a fast browser? It doesn't work with SAS?
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7 View Post
    Convergence, I thought Opera was a fast browser? It doesn't work with SAS?
    You can actually login and go make a sandwich before it finishes loading. Then by the time you pull 2 or 3 reports, you're done eating and back in the kitchen for some dessert.

Ever since they added all the "make pretty" with the damn UNNEEDED graphs and crap, it's been like that.

Use Opera for everything but SAS and GAN (because GAN won't work in Opera)...

21. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I was working off of an old laptop with a 1GHz processor and 1GB of RAM on Win7. Was having the same problems which I feel are related to the heavy use of Flash and was having the same issue with CJ. With CJ I bookmarked the page without Flash and that helped. For SAS I couldn't find a page without Flash and bookmarked the login page. I would login then change to another browser window and come back several minutes later to use the site. I tried this in Chrome and FireFox, both were the same speed.

A few weeks ago I upgraded to faster system with a 2GHz processor and 3GB RAM. It still takes several seconds to load the account manager page but is much more livable.

Mr. Sal what are you running?

23. Thanks From:

Mr. Sal can't remember their names but know have been others having same log in issue as you. I don't have problem but use Firefox and sometimes log in on Chrome with no problem either. Hubby uses IE and says is slow but everything is slow for him using IE.

As to the rest of what you said, definitely agree with you on that. Since I don't know how all the sites featured operate can't really say they bother me seeing them but one in particular irritates the ____ outa me ever since the pathetic toolbar discussion. Many of us felt very strongly and voiced our opinions in that thread making it very clear how we felt about toolbars. Going to the page to log in and seeing that particular site featured feels like a slap in the face to all of us who voiced our opinions in that thread. Not only were our opinions ignored but obviously aren't respected either or we wouldn't be reminded of it each time we log in.

Quote Originally Posted by purplebear View Post
    Since I don't know how all the sites featured operate can't really say they bother me seeing them but one in particular irritates the ____ outa me ever since the pathetic toolbar discussion. Many of us felt very strongly and voiced our opinions in that thread making it very clear how we felt about toolbars. Going to the page to log in and seeing that particular site featured feels like a slap in the face to all of us who voiced our opinions in that thread. Not only were our opinions ignored but obviously aren't respected either or we wouldn't be reminded of it each time we log in.
    Well stated...

26. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    A few weeks ago I upgraded to faster system with a 2GHz processor and 3GB RAM. It still takes several seconds to load the account manager page but is much more livable.

Mr. Sal what are you running?
    I think I have a fast computer.

---------------------------------------------------
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    System Type x64-based PC
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    Available Physical Memory 6.48 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 14.7 GB

IE9
    ---------------------------------------------------

I don't think it have anything to do with my computer.

28. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    I don't think it have anything to do with my computer.
    I agree and am jealous!

30. Thanks From:

... and am jealous!

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Mr. Sal,

We'll look into the login issue again, I haven't been able to recreate it on any of my machines or browsers any of the times it has been reported. I don't doubt that it is happening, but it is of course very hard to trouble shoot when I can't recreate it.

With regards to the testimonials, I disagree with you here.

For starters, I don't see any parasites listed... some are Merchants, some Affiliates... but they are all just folks in the industry who we think add value.

One thing you could do is just pull all of your stats by API if you wanted... avoiding logging in and the testimonials altogether?
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Outsourced Program Manager
    In this day an age cant understand why anyone would use IE.
    Firefox and Chrome are so much faster and user friendly.
    Richard
    Affiliate Marketing Manager AMWSO
    Digestinol, Luxe-Design

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Richard - AMWSO View Post
    In this day an age cant understand why anyone would use IE.
    Firefox and Chrome are so much faster and user friendly.

Desktop Browser Version Market Share

Browser market share

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    One thing you could do is just pull all of your stats by API if you wanted... avoiding logging in and the testimonials altogether?
    Hi Brian,

Has Shareasale stopped limiting API calls/requests?

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    No - but 200 a month is quite a bit if used in the right way. Of course, if you can show me a plan that you think requires more - we are open to providing more in specific cases.

Stay tuned to our Month of the Interface (February) coming up as well, there are quite a few API additions that are along these lines that will probably help you.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale View Post
    No - but 200 a month is quite a bit if used in the right way. Of course, if you can show me a plan that you think requires more - we are open to providing more in specific cases.
    Thanks. Will keep that mind - was shot down last time (January 2011) and was told to use a combination of the API and RSS feeds (requiring additional parsing of data) - so we moved on.

Your responses were prompt and courteous - just not to our liking...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast