Looking to Join Shareasale as a merchant

I am new here and would spend the next couple weeks reading a lot of the information on the forum.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone

It looks like I will signup on shareasale as a merchant for my site and wanted to find out what a small but ambitious merchant can do to get affiliates to sign up.

I have spent the last 2 years building a quality platform and plan on pushing marketing now.

Last edited by Chuck Hamrick; January 24th, 2013 at 04:48 PM. Reason: removed link and gave warning

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    Florida USA
    Rotimi, getting signed up with the network is easy, getting the affiliates you want is the work part

First, make sure that you have an attractive offer by checking out competitors and making sure you compare well. Adopt a payout you can live with - rolling them back is really tough on your program. If you want to run a launch promotion, get with SAS support and have them show you how to set up a time limited promotion.

Next, make sure that your site is set up to be focused on the conversion action with no distractions. This means no ads on the site that take people to offers that benefit you and not the affiliate. If you have a phone number on the site, make sure that you work with ShareASale to install the code that displays the affiliate ID as an "offer code" and that your phone people ask callers for it EVERY TIME.

Decide what kind of affiliates you want to work with. Are you going to run coupons? If so, how will you let affiliates promote them. Will you allow them to PPC bid on your name + coupons? Have a strategy that focuses on quality affiliates who genuinely connect with your audience.

Reach out - participate in the industry through this forum and attend conferences like Affiliate Summit. Find the affiliates you want based on finding where your audience hangs out. Contact those sites personally and build a relationship, then extend them the offer.

Support your affiliates - communicate with them regularly via the method they prefer. Help them with ideas on how to promote your offer, develop copy or ads for them if needed.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics|||
    Email wtonkin // at //

thanks for the response and advice. I am currently working on improving my landing page to increase conversion.

I got the warning and will read the rules tonight.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread