...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Does Wayfair even have an affiliate manager anymore?
    Hello? Anyone home? You have mail. Hello?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

Guess they've abandoned interacting with their affiliates...

you tried affiliates@wayfair.com ?? last email superCool received from them (11/20) listed Ryan Zehner as affiliate manager with that address.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    They don't sponsor a forum any more, perhaps Brian can respond?

Quote Originally Posted by superCool View Post
    you tried affiliates@wayfair.com ?? last email superCool received from them (11/20) listed Ryan Zehner as affiliate manager with that address.
    Yes, I did - November 20th is a long time for a newsletter, too...

Think Wayfair is no longer managed. Have sent emails to every address I could find - nothing...

8. Thanks From:

Saw this on LinkedIn
    Jason Michaels In a flash: WayFair to introduce DailyFair on February 20th. 2.8MM orders shipped to date through the catalog .com website. #shop #flash
    Might be on auto pilot if they went a different direction.

Don't know if has anything at all to do with their affiliate program but one thing I have noticed. They spend an awful lot of time advertising on Home and Garden TV network. Maybe their affiliate program doesn't matter much to them anymore.

11. Thanks From:

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Their affiliate program must be significantly smaller than it used to be as they have terminated affiliates in states that passed nexus sales tax laws.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

13. Thanks From:

Holy crap on a cracker - got a newsletter from them. New affiliate manager, too...

Holy crap on a cracker
    I learn something new every day on ABW!

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    Holy crap on a cracker - got a newsletter from them. New affiliate manager, too...
    Me, too (I s'pose all affs). I read it and immediately began to wonder how long this poor soul will last. I remember the "'ol days" when Brent was running the program - then he introduced Maddie as his assistant (at a Think Tank). Maddie did a fine job after Brent moved to SAS for a while. Then "corporate" started making changes and the program went downhill.

I know I've been removing/replacing links. They used to be (back in the day) one of our best merchants - now our conversion rate with them is crap. On a cracker, maybe.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

17. Thanks From:

+1 Bill...

Does anybody knows what a zero $ sale means? I have a zero $ sale amount transaction in my activity details report. I tried contacting Wayfair, but their support email is down. "mailbox is full and can't accept messages now" Also, since a year our conversion rate with them dropped to zero.

ABW Ambassador
    Don't take it personally, they never respond to any emails on CJ or ShareAsale or through any other means from my experience.

I did receive an interesting email from them the other day though:

Change to Program Agreement for the Wayfair ShareASale Affiliate Program

This is an automated notification regarding the program agreement for the Wayfair ShareASale Affiliate Program.

New Agreement Effective Date: June 6, 2014

Merchant provided summary of changes:

Under the current structure, we pay a personalized commission on the last click before an order is placed on Wayfair.com. For example, if a customer were to come to Wayfair through multiple affiliate sites, Google, Facebook, and a display ad, we would pay out an affiliate commission on the affiliate click closest to the time of purchase, regardless of other channel activity.

The new structure will simply modify the placement of the commissioned click in the clickstream. Instead of paying out a varied commission by category on the last affiliate click before an order, we will pay out a flat 5% commission on the last affiliate click before the customer adds to cart. In other words, we are shifting the point of payment from “before the order” to “before add to cart”, and simplifying our commission structure for all affiliates. This change will allow us to continue to grow the affiliate program in a way that is best for our customers and our affiliate partners.

Complete New Agreement:
    Wayfair Affiliate Terms of Service

Please read our affiliate terms of agreement carefully before you apply to our program or start advertising on behalf of Wayfair.

Definitions

As used in the following Affiliate Terms of Agreement, “we”, “us”, or “our” refers to Wayfair and its websites. “You” or “your” refers to the Affiliate. The “Program” refers to the Wayfair Affiliate Program.

Enrollment into the Wayfair Affiliate Program

After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. We reserve the right to reject any application at our sole discretion if we feel your site is unsuitable for our program. However, we encourage you to contact us to explain your marketing intentions if you feel we have made an incorrect decision.

Unsuitable sites may include, but are not limited to, sites that:

•Contain content that is not appropriate or relevant to Wayfair and its products
    •Are primarily a link or banner farm that contains little to no content •Promote sexually explicit materials, discrimination, illegal activities, violence, or anything similar
    •Do not comply with the Wayfair affiliate agreement

By participating in the Program you agree that you will not engage in any such activities. If we reject your application, you are welcome to re-apply to the Program at any time. You should also note that if we accept your application and your site is thereafter determined (in our sole discretion) to be unsuitable for the Program, we may terminate this Agreement (your program contract).

Linking to our Website:

Once you have been notified that your site has been accepted into the Program, you may only use tracking links made available to you through our Program. Links to our site placed on your site pursuant to this Agreement and which properly utilize such tracking link formats are referred to as “Tracking Links.” Your acceptance in our program means you will agree to and abide by the following:

1.You agree that you will only use tracking links obtained from the affiliate interface without manipulation.
    2.All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
    3.You hereby agree that your Website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our Website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your Website is our Website or any part of our Website including, without limitation, framing of our Website in any manner.
    4.Cookie stuffing, pop-ups, false or misleading links are strictly prohibited. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring url information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
    5.Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is expressly prohibited and is a direct violation of the program terms.

6. Submitting affiliate links to social sharing sites such as Pinterest, Reddit.com, Digg.com, Twitter, StumbleUpon.com, and others is prohibited. Affiliate links may only be placed on sites that you own and manage. You will earn referral fees only with respect to activity on our site occurring directly through Tracking Links. We will not be liable to you with respect to any failure by you to use Tracking Links, including to the extent that such failure may result in any reduction of amounts that would otherwise be paid to you pursuant to this Agreement.

Cookie Duration:

Wayfair has a 60 day cookie duration.

First Referrer in the Click Stream Sales

In the majority of cases, you will receive a full commission on these types of sales. At Wayfair we value all partners that drive new customers to our stores. Affiliates that drive consistent first referrer traffic to our stores and do not advertise coupons will receive a full commission.

Wayfair.com Commission Structure:

As of 6/3/14, a commission structure based on a flat 5% fee delivered to the affiliate with the final click before the first add to cart in an order is in effect. Under this system, every affiliate type earns the same commission regardless of product SKU or category. Instead of looking back from the order time, however, we look back from the initial add to cart event to find the last affiliate click. That last affiliate click before add to cart is given 5% of the total order revenue. A note on timing: our tracking gap window will be adjusted to 48 hours from the time of the order. This means that if the initial add to cart event happened more than 48 hours before the order time, we look back from another add to cart event that is within 48 hours and credit the affiliate that drove the last click before that add to cart event. Feel free to email bnewton@wayfair.com with any questions

Coupon Guidelines:

If you are enrolled in our Program and your Website promotes coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:

1. You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the affiliate program or network, or that are advertised publicly on actual Wayfair websites.
    2. You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from our non-affiliate advertising, customer e-mails, paid search, or any other campaign.
    3. On click through, you must link directly to our website. Framing of our website is strictly prohibited.
    4. Cookie Stuffing: You must not mislead customers into clicking on an offer or coupon that does not exist or practice similarly deceptive tactics that are generally accepted as “cookie stuffing.” These include, but are not limited to:
    1. Using knowingly expired offers or presenting offers that do not exist or are not affiliate offers
    2. Making claims that a user must click on a link first to activate or receive an offer.
    3. Presenting a button that claims to show all offers that sets the affiliate cookie in the background
    4. Technology that generates a click or sets the cookie from the action of copying a coupon code or though a pop under.

Affiliates sites that rank in the first two pages of any search engine’s organic search results for terms such as Wayfair Coupon, AllModern Coupon, or any variation of our niche stores URL’s with coupon or deal included in the keyword, are subject to our Coupon Affiliate Commission Structure.

PPC (Pay Per Click) Guidelines:

If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:

1. You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms, including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content based campaigns on Google, Bing or any other network.
    2. You may not use our trademark terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Wayfair Coupons).
    3. You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display URL.
    4. You must link directly to your Site. Redirects, or direct-to-merchant linking, to our Site are unacceptable.

If you automate your PPC campaigns, the responsibility is yours to exclude our trademark terms from your program and we strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding.

Keyword Policy for PPC Bidding

Keyword: Wayfair (or micro-site store name) + (Keyword)
    Bidding Allowed: No
    Bid Limit: $0.00
    Notes: Keyword strings that include any of our brands or any variations or misspellings are prohibited.

Keyword: Wayfair
    Bid Limit $0.00
    Notes: Bidding on Wayfair's brand name, “Wayfair,” and any variations or misspellings are prohibited. Keyword strings that include the brand or any variations or misspellings are also prohibited.

Keyword: Wayfair.com - Online Home Store for Furniture, Decor, Outdoors & More | Wayfair
    Bid Limit: No
    Notes: Bidding on the Wayfair URL and any variations or misspellings is prohibited

eBay and Amazon Sales Restrictions:

Wayfair does not allow affiliates to place products, links, banners, or stores on eBay or Amazon.

Email Marketing & Publicity:

If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:

1. Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program.
    2. E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Wayfair
    3. We must be sent a copy of the e-mail.

Reversal Policy:

We reserve the right to reverse orders due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions.

Deep Linking Restrictions:

We currently allow deep linking to pages other than the main page of any of our sites.

Other Policies:

Affiliates may not advertise our products on Google Product Search, and may not edit our Wikipedia, WikiHow links or entries, or other links that may be edited in public forum. Affiliates collecting customer email addresses or other information on their own site should disclose their privacy policy to customers. You must comply with any FTC Disclosure guidelines that are relevant to your site.

Affiliate Tax Laws:

Due to nexus tax laws passed in CA, MI, NY, IL, AR, CT, NC, PA and RI we are unable to work with affiliate partners from those states. Please be aware that if your state passes such legislation we may be forced to terminate partnerships in that state. We will give as much notice as possible and we will pay out any commissions due up to the law’s effective date.

Modification

We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our sole discretion. Notification will be given upon Program Agreement modification.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Although I don't approve of the unresponsiveness of the affiliate manager, and what I'm guessing is a commission cut with their new structure, I do see one thing in there that I think I like...

Shifting the commission from the last click before checkout to the last click before adding to the cart mainly hurts the lower value coupon sites that typically get into the click stream during checkout. That makes things better for the legitimate affiliates, whose cookies become secure once an item is added to the cart.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

22. Thanks From:
    kse

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
    .........I do see one thing in there that I think I like...

Shifting the commission from the last click before checkout to the last click before adding to the cart mainly hurts the lower value coupon sites that typically get into the click stream during checkout. That makes things better for the legitimate affiliates, whose cookies become secure once an item is added to the cart.
    I'm not sure how they define "lower value coupon sites "but I thought I read they decided it on coupon search terms for the first 2 pages of Google. A coupon is a coupon, if the shopper wants a coupon at checkout they will be looking at the top Google results not so much for the quality of the site. But in saying that of course a quality site is much better for various reasons and you may have a loyal following that will have your website bookmarked for that purpose too but its not on their terms from what I remember about that and is a separate subject altogether

We will probably see a lot more of this type of thing in the future and that is why I'm moving back into datafeed based sites with my affiliate side of things, more focus on content and authority sites with coupon sites integrated into the product pages of the datafeed shopping sites to get the best of both worlds.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

It was me, not them, that used the term "lower value coupon sites". By that, I mean that a coupon site that only jumps into the click stream during checkout.

If an affiliate SENDS THE CUSTOMER to the merchant, that's a very valuable affiliate. If the customer is already on the merchant's web site, in the process of checking out, and they go searching for a coupon, I don't think that affiliate provides anywhere near as much value to the merchant as one who actually got the customer to the merchant's web site.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

How Wayfair listens to customers.

But apparently not affiliates.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Their demise as an affiliate program is very sad. For a few years, they were just about number one for me, but decisions from the top seemed designed to destroy the program. When they decided that they would not work with states that passed nexus laws, despite their size and presence still making it workable, and ignoring work-a-rounds such as in California, cutting out the affiliates in states that include more than one-third of the country's population (California, New York, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona, North Carolina, Rhode Island, Connecticut) was an omen that they no longer cared about the program. Since then, as documented here, their program management that once was the very best in the industry is virtually non-existent, and their commission rates which once were top-notch, are now half of what they use to pay.

Their sales numbers are up, but how much higher could they be if they had cared to continue to run a proper affiliate program?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I just got dropped from the program today. They want to work with my content site but not my cash back site. I won't work with them on my content sites if they drop my cash back but continue to work with other big cash back sites.

I looked at my stats and all of my sales for them have been long-term members of Sunshine, not just people who joined at the last minute to get cash back there. And judging by how long these shoppers have been Sunshine members, I can pretty much guarantee that they will not shop there anymore if Wayfair continues to work with FatWallet but not with us. They are a loyal group!

Oh, well. I always liked the company. It's not a significant amount of revenue for me. But dropping an affiliate right in the middle of shopping season with no notice after 9 years is pretty crappy business.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

28. Thanks From:

Another clueless classless ignorant manager.
    Greg Hoffman
    Affiliate Marketing Advocate of the Year 2016; Best OPM/Agency - 2014; Best OPM/Agency, Five Years in a Row - ABestWeb.
    Visit Greg Hoffman Consulting

Have already slated for them to be removed from all web properties January 2nd.

No one is home and their stuff no longer converts. Too many leaks on their site, etc...

I'm totally okay with a merchant deciding that loyalty sites are not providing enough ROI for them (although I think if managed differently they COULD be). But if they are going to make that decision, they need to send out an email to their loyalty affiliates telling them that is the case and that they will need to remove their links by X date. Just going into ShareASale and deactivating the affiliate so that they all of a sudden have dead links and a form rejection letter is terrible business. What goes around comes around in this industry.
    --Tricia Meyer-- I love being the exception to the rule.

Tricia Meyer | Helping Moms Connect | Wine Club Reviews and Ratings | Hunger Games Fan

32. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread