Post Screwed by my Hosting Provider
    I was informed by my Hosting Provider that my Account was deleted by their mistake. They told me that they will give me another Account with a new Cpanel login in info.

The problem is that my websites were removed and email does not work and I do not have a backup.

I understand that they do not have a responsbility to backup my sites but this is not a question of whether my sites are backedup it is a question of my entire Account which was in good standing being closed because of there error.

Do I have a Legal Ground to Stand on?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goodluckjohnathan View Post
    What is it you hope to accomplish?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Unhappy Thanks for your Timely Response
    Why would you ask me a question when I came to u with a question. It can only mean you are being noisy and not helpful.

To answer ur question What would you Want?

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Well you can piss-off with that kind of attitude...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

5. Thanks From:

Thanks for the wholesome advice ... my friend

Why would you ask me a question when I came to u with a question. It can only mean you are being noisy and not helpful.

To answer ur question What would you Want?
    You're pretty close to getting banned here with your attitude.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

8. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    If you can show some income from the websites that were affected, you shd have a legal ground. You probably can't claim a million dollar compensation if your sites were making a few hundred dollars. Plus remember the legal costs.

Lightbulb
    I was informed by my Hosting Provider that my Account was deleted by their mistake. They told me that they will give me another Account with a new Cpanel login in info.

The problem is that my websites were removed and email does not work and I do not have a backup.

I understand that they do not have a responsbility to backup my sites but this is not a question of whether my sites are backedup it is a question of my entire Account which was in good standing being closed because of there error.

we are not lawyers. consider: what country are you in and what country are your hosting providers in?

and: when you were asked what you hoped to accomplish, it was to determine if you hoped for monetary compensation or a refund.

11. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    This can happen to any one of here. So my question to all, what will you do if your sites were deleted by your webhost? (not talking about downtime, its deletion without any back up)

Will you expect monetary compensation or refund(may not suffice if you have money making sites)

First I wish to sincerely apologize to Convergence and Bugle Boy it is not my desire to make any enemies, my response to Convergence was because I was upset for loosing all that I have worked for, the time. the money, the backlinks, the special codes the ranking with alexa and google, my clents and potential clients. I stand to loose it all because of this.

I read their Policy and there is no mention of their own negligence or system failure. I understand my responsibility is to BACKUP my site. My Host mentioned even the Backup folders were deleted. Plus what do I do about the money and time I spent developing my site, regardless if it is a Million Dollar site or not. Its worth a millon to me. Plus this was 3 websites and 5 subdomains. Thats a lot of work trying to restructure them for what and why? Because of their companies falure: (It smells like a human error) read this>

(Their email response)
    We did not terminated your account purposely, there was an error in the billing system software plugin which terminated it.It terminated the whole account as well as the data related to it including backup.

Again I apologize for my attitude I am just seeking advice and for your question as to what do I want in return. I am seeking an equitable settlement whether It be Cash or an Extension of Services or Both

14. Thanks From:

First I wish to sincerely apologize to Convergence and Bugle Boy it is not my desire to make any enemies, my response to Convergence was because I was upset for loosing all that I have worked for, the time. the money, the backlinks, the special codes the ranking with alexa and google, my clents and potential clients. I stand to loose it all because of this.
    If you don't have any backup of your websites files, you may be able to get some of your webpages code back, from here: Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

16. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    See if you can find any pages archived on Internet Archive: Wayback Machine

18. Thanks From:

Advice Well Taken

Thanks Friends I looked into that and found that I could retrieve some of my links pages from an earlier time but nothing up to date unfortunately. That is what I was most concerned with. Soon they will be contacting me telling me their spiders do not detect their links and my Pr will Drop. Keep sending in your oppinions and advice I will respond to everyone and I appreciate everyones oppinion.

What about Google cache..?

If your pages are still in the index, you can grab the source from the Cached version. Just perform a search for "site:domain.com" and you should see a healthy list of pages.

21. Thanks From:

@OP IMHO, possibly you can request that they provide several months of hosting services, without charging you, as a courtesy. They are NOT obligated to do that, but possibly they will, in an attempt to retain you as a customer. WebHostingTalk.com has many threads, originated by people who did not have a Backup (or an up to date backup) of their sites. Although a web hosting provider might have a backup, there is no guarantee that if they do, that it will work properly and that one's sites can be restored from their backup. The responsibility is ALWAYS on the user, to have their own backups, offsite, so that they can recover, if there is a disaster. GL

23. Thanks From:

AffiliateMan
    It doesn't seem like the hosting company "screwed" you. They made a mistake and they've admitted to the mistake. I think you should do as Lanny suggests. Explain to the host that you've lost a lot of work and that it will take you several months to recover from the loss. Then ask if they would be kind enough to waive the hosting fees for that period.

If it's a low-cost host, those fees won't add up to much. But, at least it's something.

Oh ... and maybe you can get them to throw in a backup service if they offer it. :-)

I have good backups, but I still think it would take me a while to recover if all the stuff on my server disappeared.

25. Newsletter Signup

Closed Thread