Multiple forums for learning - good or bad?
    Just starting out with AM. Is it a bad idea to jump arounf forums (Warrior Forum, Affilorama) at first to learn the ropes or should I just stay here for awhile?

What is your purpose for your post that highlights an
    alternate forum? You didn't really say anything about either
    forum.

Starting in AM? Start here:
    Starting an Affiliate Program & Merchant Q&A - ABestWeb Affiliate Marketing Forum
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I found that jumping forum to forum as a newbie eats up time and floods mind with too much info. I've found this one to be the simplest with true care and honesty. I tend to zip around eBooks and free offers when I guess I should focus on the affiliate forum (this one) I'm most comfortable with for now. Agree?

Thank you

4. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 50EZ50 View Post
    I found that jumping forum to forum as a newbie eats up time and floods mind with too much info. I've found this one to be the simplest with true care and honesty. I tend to zip around eBooks and free offers when I guess I should focus on the affiliate forum (this one) I'm most comfortable with for now. Agree?
    Yep +1
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    You answered your own question!

I know this post is a few days past its prime, but in the interest of trying to steer 50EZ50 down the right path and with no intention of encouraging anyone to spend less time here at ABW, I wanted to add something...

Based on another of your posts - Just Purchased GoDaddy Domain Help- I would say you have a lot of reading and learning ahead of you, and YES!, you probably should belong to more than one Good forum.

It sounds like you're just starting out. You bought a domain, you're trying to figure out hosting and you're here learning affiliate marketing. Cool. But, if you're planning on building a site, hosting it yourself, using WordPress, using a WP theme, doing SEO and doing affiliate marketing, you're going to have to read up on a pretty wide variety of topics. You're going to have a ton of questions and you will need answers fast.

Here's my advice:

1) If you're going to use WordPress, go to WordPress.org and register a user name. Start reading the Codex and looking through the beginners forums. Participate in a discussion when you can. Most topics are technical questions, so look for an off-topic topic maybe.

2) Google (verb) Domain Name Forums, SEO Forums and Webmaster Forums. You've already found an Affiliate Marketing Forum, so you're covered for that topic. The best forums will show up on the first page. Check out NamePros, SEO Chat, maybe Webmaster World. Find one good forum for each of the above topics and register.

3) Read all of the intro and beginner stuff. Introduce yourself. Start participating.

You may be worried that joining all of these forums will flood you mind with too much info, and you should be worried. What I've found is that if you're going to do this you're going to have to learn to build WP sites, customize themes, write copy and content, use social media, learn SEO, understand domains and hosting and how to make them work together, you're going to have to learn something about image editing and creation, you're going to have to figure out which tools you'll need to accomplish all these tasks and which you'll pay for and which you'll get free or open source all while learning something about marketing and affiliate marketing specifically. Your mind will definitely be flooded with info.

Most people probably belong to multiple forums, it's the only way to learn everything you need to learn. Sometimes forums are the only resource for solving a problem, especially technical problems. So, I say "Join Away!" Just remember, when you find a good forum, stick with it and participate when you can.
    Last edited by ChgoWriter; February 22nd, 2013 at 03:47 AM. Reason: clarity

Oh, and just to be clear 50, I'm just now starting the affiliate part of my journey. There's a lot to learn, but it's all pretty interesting. Don't think of your mind as flooded, think of it as slightly over-stimulated.

9. Thanks From:

This forum is best for discussing earning commission from sale and affiliate networks.

Well, I will tell you what I did.

I signed up for each and every active affiliate forum I could when I first started, starting HERE.

At the time, ABW was the best base for me.

Sure, a couple of the members wore their arse on their shoulders, but the information was always informative, fresh, everyone was professional, and affiliates were not trying to promote their affiliations like nearly every other affiliate site at the time.

I believe you should get information from as many places as you can as succinctly as possible.

I am not sure how it is in 2013, but affiliate marketing sets the trends for everything else. This is a fast paced profession and if your information is not up to par, the harder and harder you will find it to be successful in this business.
    [COLOR="DarkGreen"]The RIGHT Voice Can Increase Your Conversion Rates Up to 35%![/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]Fentriss O. Moore - Professional Voice Talent[/COLOR]
    [URL="http://www.soundcloud.com/moorevoices"]Audio Work Reel[/URL] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/MooreVoices?feature=mhee"]Video Work Reel[/URL]

12. Thanks From:

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread