Question Amazon Nexus Sites
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to affiliate marketing. I have a question about Amazon affiliates and sales tax.

I lived in Illinois, then moved to North Carolina. As it turns out, I signed up for an Amazon Affiliate account in IL, moved to NC and signed up there after getting an email from Amazon telling me they were cancelling my IL relationship.

Sometime later, I got another email from Amazon stating they were cancelling my Amazon Affiliate account because I now lived in NC. Great timing on my part, huh?

Can anyone tell me if setting up an LLC, S Corp or C Corp in a state with no Amazon nexus laws will allow me to operate a web site while living in NC?

Quote Originally Posted by advmarktr View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here and to affiliate marketing. I have a question about Amazon affiliates and sales tax.

I lived in Illinois, then moved to North Carolina. As it turns out, I signed up for an Amazon Affiliate account in IL, moved to NC and signed up there after getting an email from Amazon telling me they were cancelling my IL relationship.

Sometime later, I got another email from Amazon stating they were cancelling my Amazon Affiliate account because I now lived in NC. Great timing on my part, huh?

Can anyone tell me if setting up an LLC, S Corp or C Corp in a state with no Amazon nexus laws will allow me to operate a web site while living in NC?
    I'm not a lawyer but nexus laws are in place to tax companies who have agents (affiliate marketers) in the state who drive revenue to the merchant. As long as you reside in the state, nexus will have been created for the merchant that you're affiliated with (amazon).

Can anyone else chime in if I got this wrong.

3. Thanks From:

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Ask a CPA in NC. We have covered this subject so check the Tax forum. You would have to setup with an agent in the non nexus state to receive your money. If found out they would come after you.

5. Thanks From:

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread