CJ's Goal: Take the perfect interface and make it unusable
    The new advertiser section turns completely blank when I click on it. I'll just grab links from another network. This is to irritating.

Have to agree with you that it is a step backwords for CJ, they always had the best interface in my option until now.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    They didn't have the best interface, but it may well now be the worst. You can no longer get to a list of current transactions from the home page - it now requires a scavenger hunt to find.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

4. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    Hopefully, New Transactions will be added back soon. The statement below is posted in the "New Home Tab is here!" message.

We will be adding the link to "review new transactions" within the tasks section shortly.

6. Thanks From:

I agree with kse, CJ had the best interface, but starting last year they starting doing small changes and making me click on more pages to get where I want. They are decreasing productivity, just so they can make their interface more "pretty" in someone's eyes over there

8. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Like SAS did...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

SAS is unquestionably the best. 1 click to see all transactions; put merchant name in the search box and on one page have access to every type of link the merchant has (banner, text, datafeed, link builder, etc.) can search for products and one click gives you a wide choice of links for the product - absolutely the BEST!
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    SAS is unquestionably the best. 1 click to see all transactions; put merchant name in the search box and on one page have access to every type of link the merchant has (banner, text, datafeed, link builder, etc.) can search for products and one click gives you a wide choice of links for the product - absolutely the BEST!
    LOL - Yeah, they're fine if you can ever get their over bloated pages to load.

12. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    LOL - Yeah, they're fine if you can ever get their over bloated pages to load.
    I have no such problem. In fact, for me, it is CJ that often takes FOREVER to load or update.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound View Post
    I have no such problem. In fact, for me, it is CJ that often takes FOREVER to load or update.
    I guess you do not log onto LinkShare, They have had a note on their sites for month's saying that their server are busy (24/7) and report may not be available!!

I also have no problems loading SAS (or CJ & GAN) for that matter.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

15. Thanks From:

SAS is far from the best for me, takes way to long to load certain pages. All pages on CJ use to load instant for me before this update.

17. Thanks From:

I just love having to click twice to log in and now twice to log out...
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

ABW Ambassador
    yeah they have had a great interface, whoever designed it way back in the early 2000's was a genius, just a shame they don't realize that good design never changes,obviously someone at CJ now does not understand good design. I have now booked marked a direct link to the new transactions report and bypass the new home page completely which is useless to me. It's actually sad, I enjoyed that old home page as it had all the info I needed there for many years. They destroyed that now, I do miss it but now I will only see transactions when I arrive and just go straight to reports page.
    Last edited by glittered; February 15th, 2013 at 04:00 AM.
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

ABW Ambassador
    It looks like CJ has now added the "Review new transactions" quick link under the Tasks section.

I hope it works better than the "Performance Summary" graph as it's slow to update and isn't accurate most of the time.

ABW Ambassador
    yeah I noticed they fixed that and a few other things, good to see they listened to us...
    Hosting Discounts from Professional Rates Hosts - Deals and Coupons on Domain Names from GoDadday, Namecheap, Domain.com and more top registers.

Until CJ's debacle of breaking their interface I also thought it was the best one. This new interface is terrible.

23. Thanks From:

i wish they give me back the bar chart option, daily and monthly.

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    My only argument is that they had the perfect UI... not even close. That said, they did do a phenomenal job of making it even more challenging on the merchant end. Some nice improvements like better access to old data, but big steps back in the way they let you access it.
    Wade Tonkin - Affiliate Manager - Fanatics
    NFLShop.com|Shop.NHL.com|NBAStore.com|Store.NASCAR.com
    Email wtonkin // at // Fanatics.com

Guess I have a different opinion. lol I love the interface at AvantLink, soon as you log in any sales and other stats are right there on the page, just click and you can find out anything you want about them. Any pending offers are right there as well. Least for me I can move around much faster with them. Very rare for me to have a question about something and not be able to find it easily as well.

Don't like to complain but don't like the new interface at CJ at all Used to be sooooooo easy for me to get links (or even just be able to find if that program is with them) Used to just scoot on down the left side, use the drop down menu that listed all my merchants, click whichever I wanted and get the links very easily. Not having an easy time with the new interface at all Guess will get used to it in time tho.

Still kinda fascinates me how we can all have different opinions on things

Forgot something lol love how if a merchant has been deactivated, on hold or whatever it's right there on that same page with the reason why as well. No having to click anything. Wonders why to myself I find it so much easier than others lol
    Last edited by purplebear; February 22nd, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: forgot something

Affiliate Manager
    CJ's interface before all the changes was great if you ask me. Wasn't pretty like SAS's but it was functional and that's all I care about. Since this new interface change I've had loads of trouble getting the transaction reports to load in Chrome and despite reaching out to them numerous times nothing has been done to fix the problem...
    Mike Hourigan
    Affiliate Manager for [URL="http://www.shoeboxed.com/?utm_source=abestweb&utm_medium=signature%2B&utm_campaign=abestweb"]Shoeboxed.com[/URL]
    [EMAIL="mikeh@team.shoeboxed.com"]Email[/EMAIL]|[URL="http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=131457835&trk=tab_pro"]LinkedIn[/URL]

28. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    As someone who's only a few months into affiliate marketing, as far as ease-of-learning goes, Google Affiliate Network takes the cake for having the best interface.

CJ and ShareASale both have overwhelmingly crowded pages, long page-load times, unclear titles, and bad search.

GAN - best interface <--- sorry , i have to disagree with that

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vrindavan View Post
    gan - best interface <--- sorry , i have to disagree with that
    +1
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

32. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrindavan View Post
    GAN - best interface <--- sorry , i have to disagree with that
    Do you have reasons for why you dislike GAN? I haven't been using it for long so maybe there are annoyances I haven't run across yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Convergence View Post
    +1
    Hilarious

34. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread