GAN - I want a comprehensive Advertiser List
    Ok, so what happened to the list of all advertisers that support datafeeds? Now all I can get is a list of programs I've had previous dealings with or "recommended" programs.

Seriously? I can only see advertisers that GAN thinks will be a good match? Is this a bug? Export All Advertisers does not "export all advertisers".... All is see is "Approved", "Deactivated", "Pending", "Declined", and "Invited".

I sell in all product categories. Just because I haven't moved into a particular niche doesn't mean I won't in the future.

I hope this is a bug and not blatant stupidity...
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

This is a bug... I don't even get recommended merchants when I click "Export All Advertisers"...
    Last edited by isellstuff; February 14th, 2013 at 05:41 PM.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

Thank you for the product suggestion. I will submit a product request allowing publishers to filter advertiser who have data feeds available and also see if we can add to the export file. You can currently view this information in your advertiser tab and under links>product subscriptions for approved advertisers with feeds available.

Thank you,

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    You can currently view this information in your advertiser tab
    No you can't... So there are two issues...

1) Only recommended merchants, merchant invitations, and merchants with whom you have had interactions (member, applied, denied, pending, etc) with are visible and there is no way to change the filtering to see more.

2) You can not download a list of your recommended merchants. All you get are approved, denied, pending, and invited.

I know there are 100's and 100's of GAN merchants, at least there were six months ago. I can now only see a small subset, no matter what I try.

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Hi,

Adding a filter is the product suggestion I will submit. It is not currently available in the download.

In your advertiser tab, under recommended, browse existing and invitations, you can see in the interface if a data feed is available. It says Product feeds Yes or No. This is not available in the download or filter. This is the feature(s) I will request.

I will also inquire about the ability to add recommended advertisers to the download list. In the meantime what I find most helpful is to use the current filters in place such as advertiser category to narrow your search results for ideal advertisers that meet your needs.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Jamie
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Jamie, suggest you take a look at the current UI. It has changed and there are things missing.

Specifically, try to get a list of all GAN advertisers. It appears to be impossible. This would seem to be a huge bug, as Google advertisers won't get discovered unless the advertiser initiates an invite to a publisher or the GAN algorithm thinks an advertiser is a good fit based on the publisher's past performance.

Just to be clear, I've reported THREE bugs now...

1) Can't get a list of all advertisers
    2) Download All Advertisers excludes recommended AND not recommended.
    3) Filters for Browse Existing Advertisers don't allow you to select "All"

And here is a 4th bug
    4) Search filter is too sticky. Keyword placed in the search box persists when you change tabs from "Browse Existing" to "Invited", to "Recommended", but you can't clear it from those other tabs. WTF?

Seriously Jamie, did anyone QA this stuff or even think about the workflows?

10. Thanks From:

isellstuff,

I found on the filter you have to manually backspace it out and then click apply... Agree these are bugs...
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

12. Thanks From:

Yikes, I'm pulling my hair out. Has anyone tried to page through all the merchants and join programs on the recommended advertiser page?

They used Ajax for their pagination. So you can't "right click" and open a new window to view merchant details. If you click through, you will lose your place in the pagination and be placed back on page 1. If you were looking at 100 items, you will be reset back to 10 items. And, as I mentioned previously, you can't download this list of merchants because that functionality is broken.

Amazing, this functionality went out without anyone looking at it. How long has this page been live? Why aren't more people complaining? Are there so few GAN affiliates left?

14. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by isellstuff View Post
    Yikes, I'm pulling my hair out. Has anyone tried to page through all the merchants and join programs on the recommended advertiser page?

They used Ajax for their pagination. So you can't "right click" and open a new window to view merchant details. If you click through, you will lose your place in the pagination and be placed back on page 1. If you were looking at 100 items, you will be reset back to 10 items. And, as I mentioned previously, you can't download this list of merchants because that functionality is broken.

Amazing, this functionality went out without anyone looking at it. How long has this page been live? Why aren't more people complaining? Are there so few GAN affiliates left?
    Can not remember when it was NOT like this. If we try to find merchants and can't - we stop. Simple as that. GAN interface sucks. Would be nice if we could get Jamie to go and work with a real network instead of wasting her skills with GAN...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

16. Thanks From:

Last time I did this, I did it via Excel by downloading the entire list, then sorting it. I guess that was about six months ago.

ABW Ambassador
    I actually dread anything I have to do in the GAN interface. It's like you need a special filter decoder ring to do what should be simple tasks. I tend to look to merchants on other networks because of the frustrating problems you run into with GAN. As described above by byisellstuff, I tried to search by keywords last week and couldn't get the search field to clear to even search for the 2nd keyword I needed to find. Every time I went back to the page and cleared the keyword out to search, it would reappear.

Getting simple merchant links or banners is no better.

19. Thanks From:

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Agree. Agree. Agree.

Getting to the point NO merchant on GAN is worth the hassle...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

Quote Originally Posted by convergence View Post
    getting to the point no merchant on gan is worth the hassle...
    +1

Years ago you could get those decoder rings in a Cracker-Jack box.
    Haven't bought any in years, oops telling my age.
    Anyway maybe they still have them as a prize.
    Where's the Great Life of Affiliate Marketing Hiding?

23. Thanks From:

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread