Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Feeds are BROKEN!
    WOW!

What is going on with the feeds? Feeds are broken.

I have lost 70K products in just ONE category/niche! These will all be returned as 404s!

What in the world is going on? And most importantly, WHEN will it be fixed?
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

2. Thanks From:

Looks like it may have started on the 13th...

ABW Ambassador
    I'm seeing the same thing with some GAN merchant datafeeds through PopShops. Target is showing almost all of their products as inactive. I hope they get this fixed soon.

Just happened to have a few of the 80 feeds from GAN saved locally. Am uploading them now.

Guestimating around 150K products just GONE from ONE of our sites...

Google Affiliate Network Rep Google Affiliate Network Moderator's Avatar
    Engineering is looking into Product Subscriptions and we'll let you know once the issue is resolved.

For now, we're recommending that publishers use the Shopping API, as well as the Products tab in the interface until we've verified that all is working as expected with Product Subscriptions.

@Convergence, can you send us a PM with a screenshot of the 404's you're seeing?

Josh
    Google Affiliate Network
    Blog | Help Center
    Follow us on Google+

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    @Convergence, can you send us a PM with a screenshot of the 404's you're seeing?

Josh
    Hi Josh,

NO. 404s are not on GAN. 404s are from visitors clicking on links from search engines expecting to get to a product on our sites - but since the feeds are broken - the products get removed from our sites. OUR SITES are getting 404s - the sites that matter...

Quote Originally Posted by Google Affiliate Network Moderator View Post
    For now, we're recommending that publishers use the Shopping API, as well as the Products tab in the interface until we've verified that all is working as expected with Product Subscriptions.
    That's nice - you want to pay for the development so we can switch from our current software we use?

9. Thanks From:

Agreed, Josh, this is not useful advice. You have to understand that some of us are super affiliates with huge websites with 10's of millions in sales that are dependent on datafeeds working each day. Due to our traffic volume and complexity, there is no alternative.
    Merchants, any data you provide to Google Shopping should also be in your affiliate network datafeed. More data means more sales!

We're nearing 300K products GONE from one of our sites.

What some don't realize is when you have a large rash of 404s in the SERPs, especially the Google, your site can suffer badly for weeks to come.

A "good" thing that came out of this is we realized one of our "failsafes" we had in place in case a "single" merchant's feed was bad isn't enough on a global disaster like this. Will be modifying the failsafe on a per merchant basis now...

Same issue here. Because this is not an unheard of occurrence, we built some safety checks into our feed processing system, but as luck would have it those failed this week for some reason.

Normally if a file is 10% larger or smaller than the previous day's file, it will throw a flag in the system and revert to the last known "safe" version.

But yeah it's not viable for publishers to up and switch to using the API in a day. It would take probably several days of development work and thousands of dollars. Let's just get the feeds fixed. We work this them for a reason.
    Your Ad Here.

13. Thanks From:

Sure hope GAN has folks working on this NOW and not putting it off until next week. Monday is a holiday for some - Tuesday is unacceptable...

15. Thanks From:

ABW Ambassador
    It appears to be getting worse with every datafeed update that PopShops makes for GAN merchants. Come on GAN, you broke it - fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by msladybug View Post
    It appears to be getting worse with every datafeed update that PopShops makes for GAN merchants. Come on GAN, you broke it - fix it.
    It's the same across the board - all of GAN's merchant feeds are rapidly becoming unusable.

Yet, I haven't heard a single merchant complain or very many affilaites, for that matter.

Yet another way the Google can screw over affiliates. Another day or two of this and any domain with GAN feeds on it will plummet in the SERPs...

.. just checked the feeds that GAN pushes to my server, and it seems to be a random issue, ie. not all merchants (probably those processed recently). What I'm seeing is - on average - 70% products missing.

I didn't get involved earlier as my database had been updated the day before you opened the thread.

Hopefully fixed VERY soon... GAN, get on it!

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    .. just checked the feeds that GAN pushes to my server, and it seems to be a random issue, ie. not all merchants (probably those processed recently). What I'm seeing is - on average - 70% products missing.
    Started on the 13th here. Some merchants feeds are near 100% empty...

Appears that feeds being updated after 4AM/GAN time seem to be "fixed". Still have a few that are goofy...

21. Thanks From:

Still messed up here. Actually more products missing in the latest push than have been all week.

Not like it's a big sales weekend either or anything. Come on GAN!
    Your Ad Here.

Looks fixed here...

Here too, that's good.

Hey Convergence, quick question. In my system, when a product goes "out of stock", and then re-appears in the datafeed, it's treated as a new product. How are you flagging them to make sure they write to the same urls as before?
    Your Ad Here.

Quote Originally Posted by affninja View Post
    Hey Convergence, quick question. In my system, when a product goes "out of stock", and then re-appears in the datafeed, it's treated as a new product. How are you flagging them to make sure they write to the same urls as before?
    URL is based on the product name . Don't always use what the feed says, we sometimes rewrite product names based on filters we establish for each merchant/feed.

So in/out/in the database will always show the identical URL structure for that product.

Really helps when doing price comparison...

26. Thanks From:

Cool thanks!
    Your Ad Here.

SellFire.com
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone received an update from GAN yet? All though the missing products seem to be replaced, I am seeing that many GAN links are still landing on the invalid links page. Anyone else notice that?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by jmacinnes; March 1st, 2013 at 04:54 PM. Reason: clarify problem
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by jmacinnes View Post
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone received an update from GAN yet? All though the missing products seem to be replaced, I am seeing that many GAN links are still landing on the invalid links page. Anyone else notice that?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Update on what? The problem that was discussed in this thread was fixed. Never had any GAN links landing on invalid links pages - just didn't have any feeds...

SellFire.com
    It's possible they are not related. I just had two clients raise issues about invalid links within a short period of time and when I saw this thread I thought it might be a larger issue. MobileKarma was having issues earlier this week and now it's OneStopFanShop and FootFitter. My problems could very well be unrelated and specific to individual merchants, but the timing seems suspicious.

Thanks,
    Jason
    Jason MacInnes
    [URL="http://www.sellfire.com/?utm_source=ABestWeb&utm_medium=Signature&utm_campaign=ABW%2BSignature"]SellFire.com - Affiliate Data Feed and Coupon Store Builder[/URL]

Trust me, if our problem was still going on after 12 days there would have been a lot of hoopla about it.

Just off the top of my head, sounds like your affiliates should see if they are still in those programs...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast