Detailed product specs from API/data feed?

is it possible to retrieve detailed product specs (for example CPU, RAM, HDD for laptop) from some API or data feed? I've been trying to look for solution and have found none. I'm trying to implement product comparison chart that would list product specs for electronics in neat table.

The best solution I've found so far is screen scape specs from Amazon's product details page (like However, that's cumbersome method. So I was wondering if there's a way to do this through API or data feed? Have you succeed in retrieving detailed product specs somehow?

Greetings U
    Last edited by unstabletable; February 20th, 2013 at 04:38 AM.

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Park City Utah
    Are you only looking for Amazon products?

Preferably Amazon. Although if there's any affiliate network or individual merchant who provides such detailed data feed / API, I'd happy to know. The current ones I've tried are: Amazon, CJ, LS, GAN. They, of course, provide some sort of feed and/or API, but there are no such detailed specs in the provided feeds / APIs I'm looking for.

There must be a way to do this, since many product/price comparison affiliate sites actually list detailed specs for their products. And there are thousands of products on them, so they haven't done it manually I assume.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread