Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    2 Years of Panda
    Article on Panda aftermath including some interesting graphs

Google Panda Two Years Later: Losers Still Losing & One Real Recovery

Marketing Manager
    As someone who has worked on several Pandalized websites, I completely identify with these charts. We'd recover for a few months then go back down for a few months. Every shift was very sharp.

I'm quite convinced that if your site runs afoul of the Panda algorithm, you can't simply double your website's quality, you need to improve it by ten times.

...and a Pirate's heart. Convergence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Grimm View Post
    I'm quite convinced that if your site runs afoul of the Panda algorithm, you can't simply double your website's quality, you need to improve it by ten times.
    It's nicknamed "Pandalized" for a reason.

See, the Google's algos do not directly "reward" a website for good "content". It has no idea or way to determine what "good" is. Therefore, It can only penalize. In order for a Pandalized site to improve, more sites have to be Pandalized. Long arduous cycle as a webmaster has to wait for data refreshes, etc...
    Salty kisses, Sandy toes, and a Pirate's heart...

4. Thanks From:

Marketing Manager
    Yes, the feedback loop is very, very long with Panda. What I've done to produce a recover are:

- Maniacally fix every indexation error (the goal is for my sitemap, webmaster tools, and a site: search in Google to all produce the same list of urls)
    - Improve bounce rate and time on site (the hard-to-measure goal is to answer users' question on your site so they don't go back to Google and click on someone else's site).
    - Delete off-topic content with awful user engagement
    - Publish and market new, high-quality content
    - Identify sub-par content and improve it. Make it the best in existence.
    - Develop strong brand signals by listing a physical address and creating and developing social accounts.

It's hard to say what exactly did it, but the above formula works in the long-run...and it's a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Grimm View Post
    - Improve bounce rate and time on site (the hard-to-measure goal is to answer users' question on your site so they don't go back to Google and click on someone else's site).
    Bounce rates for affiliate sites are a tough one.

On one hand, a high bounce rate can be good. Visitor lands on the exact page they were looking for and then clicks out to the merchant.

On the other hand, too much time on the site (low bounce rate) could be an indicator they did not find what they came looking for - still run the risk of them going back to the Google and continuing their search...

Marketing Manager
    Bounce rates are tough in isolation. It's beneficial to use them in conjunction with voice-of-the-customer surveys like 4Q and Qualaroo (formerly Kiss Insights). I also created a questionnaire that measures someone's first impression of a website and how trustworthy they think it is.

Combined with voice-of-the-customer and other quality metrics, Bounce Rate can be a confirming indicator.

Just curious, have you implemented these techniques on an affiliate site? If so, what type, "Content", "Community", "Datafeed", "Price Comparison", "Coupon"?

Marketing Manager
    Yes I have. The sites were in the online education lead gen sector. Over 80% of our several million dollars worth of leads were being generated through organic search. I guess it would fit into the "content" category.

10. Thanks From:

Thanks for sharing!...

Here are resources for dealing with Panda:

50+ Essential Google Panda Resources by Vertical Measures
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

13. Thanks From:

Google panda is the google search algorithm.it was introduced in 23rd feb 2011 by google.

No kidding geetha, did you read the thread?

If you're here to write spammy posts about SEO, you will be banned pretty quickly.

16. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by teezone View Post
    No kidding geetha, did you read the thread?

If you're here to write spammy posts about SEO, you will be banned pretty quickly.
    It has been nice reading your posts all these years Rhia7, I guess your about to be banned by the Green People or is it SupperCool that is getting banned???
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    It has been nice reading your posts all these years Rhia7, I guess your about to be banned by the Green People or is it SupperCool that is getting banned???
    Or perhaps it was geetha who was banned and their post(s) removed already...

19. Thanks From:

Rhia7, I guess your about to be banned by the Green People or is it SupperCool that is getting banned???
    Last time I checked, Rhia7 & SuperCool are NOT named geetha... and if you read the post above mine, you will see it has since been deleted as spam.

I actually gave the user a chance to engage..

Who is "geetha" I do not see any post here by "geetha" do you??? I guess I need a new pair of glasses.
    MERCHANTS: Start showing your coupons directly on your site, that way your shoppers will stop leaving your site looking for them!! If not then remove your Coupon Box!!

Who is "geetha" I do not see any post here by "geetha" do you???
    Are you actually suggesting I'm not telling the truth.. that I was deliberately insulting Rhia7 (or SuperCool)..? Seriously..?

There was a spam post above mine that has since been deleted.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geetha.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	4977

Relax, Really you need to relax.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Relax, Really you need to relax.
    I'm perfectly relaxed - just responding to your sarcastic & unnecessary comment.

And equally sarcastic follow-up question of "do you???".

Got to love the Convergence and teezone show here at ABW. By the way yes I am relaxed. Thank you for asking

Quote Originally Posted by kse View Post
    Got to love the Convergence and teezone show here at ABW.
    Here we go again, Kevin needs some attention...

Got to love the Convergence and teezone show here at ABW
    I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about..

SEO spammer dropped a one-liner, which was subsequently deleted (which happens a lot these days)... Convergence was participating in the thread, and corrected your assumption that Rhia7 & SuperCool were going to be banned.

You're inventing something that doesn't exist.

Just having some fun with your reply to a post that was removed. You removed the SPAM post but left your reply to post that was removed. So the only to links left on the thread was from Rhia7 and SuperCool. Just have fun and thanks for the Kevin Time now I can go back to work. Thanks Convergence and teezone for the playdate!!!

You're welcome - let's do it again, soon...

31. Thanks From:
    kse

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast