Smile Affiliates: What kind of tracking do you expect to see in a good program?
    Hey all,

Our furniture company is building an affiliate program to be run in-house, and I'm the guy in charge of making sure it's good (for affiliates). I suspect there might be a few here, so I'd like to ask for feedback.

It's going to be % commission on sales, contemporary & custom furniture.

The tracking available to affiliates looks bare-bones, but I can't really think of anything else that would be expected.

A logged in affiliate will see how many visitors were referred, what domain they were referred from, and where they landed on our site.

Then of course there's a commission table with dates and dollar amounts of sales and their associated commission, and a record of payouts.

I'm thinking that's about what I'd expect to see if I were the affiliate (I've never been on the affiliate end).

Agree? Disagree? Is there something essential that an experienced affiliate expects to see that I'm missing?

Thanks
    --Chris
    Last edited by NJ Web Guy; February 28th, 2013 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added my name

Question
    Can you see impressions as well as clicks in that system? To me, that's the minimum reporting I tend to trust.

Quote Originally Posted by Herb ԿԬ View Post
    Can you see impressions as well as clicks in that system? To me, that's the minimum reporting I tend to trust.
    Impressions aren't tracked right now. I've added this to the features list for development.

Thanks for the feedback!

--Chris

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Why are you building when there are cheap systems available you run from your server?

5. Thanks From:

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Hamrick View Post
    Why are you building when there are cheap systems available you run from your server?
    I didn't mean building from scratch. More like making something exist that doesn't exist right now.

We actually are using an add-on to our shopping cart software as a starting point.

It needs some tweaks to work the way we want it to. Doesn't everything, though?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread